Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Radiator overflow tank alternatives?

Post Thanks / Like

Radiator overflow tank alternatives?

Running shroud, ac condenser, and sbf. Overflow tank will not fit on rad. I tried it on the firewall but that means 8 feet of overflow hose. Any of you creative types found a tank I can mount up front that will hold more than 20 oz of fluid. I dont care if it is polished bling bling, it just has to fit and work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to know what others have done also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran into the same quandary, but was able to sneak the factory polished tank in on the driver side a little lower on the side of the radiator with some spacers. It doesn't interfere with anything - but I did not use the factory hood shocks. Instead I used limiting cables. So I'm not sure if the tank would interfere with the shocks or not. Unfortunately, my 33HR is at the body shop getting painted and I don't have great pics of my overflow tank install. However, here are a few pics. If anyone is interested, I will take pics tomorrow when I visit my car at the Body Shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kraftee; 10-29-2016 at 08:44 PM.
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea, Kraftee. My concern with not using prop rods is that the hood wont pop up when I pull the release. With side covers it needs that upward pressure to get the hood open. When you have a chance please post some more close ups of your setup and maybe I can use it. In thd mean time it will have to stay on the firewall..

Now, tell me about your power brake setup. What did you use for pedal box assembly and such?
    Thanks
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran into the same problem with my overflow tank. I could have squeezed it in someplace on the firewall, but I felt it looked better on the engine, an idea I got from Dan Ruth’s Hotrod Lincoln build.

OF Tank.jpg