FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2017 Calendar Ordering Thread

Post Thanks / Like

2017 Calendar Ordering Thread

I meant to post this yesterday, but I was sick beyond belief. (Not just a cold --- we're talking a serious MAN cold here!)

Anyways, as promised, here it is.........
    There are calendars available for the Roadster (Cobra), 65 Coupe, 818 (R, S, and C), and GTM. (There has not yet been enough interest in the 33. If that changes, I'll let you know)

Calendars are $25 each, shipped to the US or Canada. (Australian and European orders let me know, and I'll find out about the shipping)

Please feel free to order as many calendars as you like (They make great gifts, and I try to ship them in time to arrive for Christmas), and also feel free to order different types (e.g. I'd like two Cobras, a GTM and a 65, please)

People wanting a calendar (or several calendars) send me either a PM through this forum (or the other forum), or an email to [email protected].

The PM or Email contains:
    1) the number of calendars you would like
    2) This year, which models you would like (GTM, 65 Coupe, Cobra, or 818) Again, feel free to order some of each!
    3) your mailing address so I can send the calendar
    4) an email address that I can send a Paypal invoice to (very important!)

Once I get this, I send a Paypal invoice for the appropriate number of calendars to the email you supplied.
    Once that is paid, I ship the calendars. If you ordered multiple calendars, I ship them all together.
    I appreciate follow up either via pm, email or on the thread to let me know you got your calendars ok. Though its not necessary, it helps me make sure everybody is happy.

(Optional - but happened last year) Somebody spots the inevitable typo in the calendar, the printing company re-does the entire run, and we re-ship new calendars to everybody. LOL

I try to have orders paid by the end of November, or beginning of December, so I have an idea of how many to run at the printer. I send out the first shipment in the first week of December so they arrive by Christmas, though I can keep shipping more orders after that.

Please don't put your email address up on this thread, as that is used for billing. This thread is to answer questions and for updates (shipping dates, whether the 33 will be available, print times, etc). Putting actual ordering information and where to send invoices out on the open internet is not wise!

Just for fun...here's a teaser image from the Cobra calendar

Cobra-11-November.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news...

I've gotten quite a few orders already. Please remember to include your name and mailing address, not just your email. It's going to be difficult to ship you the calendars otherwise!
    I'll be responding to orders with invoices in hopefully about a week to a week and a half. I'm still doing the graphics for the GTM and 818 calendars, and waiting for a couple of promised pics to arrive.

Still 2 spots available in the 2017 Coupe Calendar!

Post Thanks / Like
    bump

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATES....

Over the past 3 days I have managed to get all the invoices out!!!!!! (Finally!)

If you placed an order, you should have an invoice in your inbox. (Thank you, btw, to those who have already paid so quickly!)

If you do not have an invoice, then I do not have your order. If you have ordered, but I missed it, or somehow you don't have an invoice, shoot me an email at [email protected] so I can get you sorted out.
    I've had a couple of people say they've had problems with Paypal. If you have problems, you can try the Paypal help line at 1-877-569-1116 toll free, or you can contact me about an alternate payment arrangement. (A couple of people have mailed money orders)

ALSO>>>
    VERY IMPORTANT

Check your invoice to make sure it is correct!!!! My fat fingers are not perfect, and I'd rather catch mistakes early! Pay special attention to the type of calendar (Coupe vs Roadster vs GTM, etc....caught one mistake I made there!) and also to the shipping address. I want everyone to be happy with what they get, and when they get it, so just go over your invoice before paying it so I can fix any flubs.

Calendars go to the printer on Monday, and should be shipping by the end of the week.

It's not too late to add your name to the list! Though the later we get, the less likely they will be there in time for Christmas.

Sample month:
    Coupe Sample.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Printer had a slight delay (!), but calendars should be shipping on Tuesday.

All Coupe orders have been paid. So if you thought you ordered a coupe calendar, and haven't paid for it yet, then you'd best let me know ASAP.

Also, the good news from this is that there's still time for a last-minute order, if you want one, but haven't sent your request to [email protected]yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    calendars shipping today

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my copy yesterday. Nice work! Thanks for doing that.

Marc
    It's just A Matter Of Time

Marc

FFR Coupe 434, 347ci, Power Brakes, SAI Mod, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Glad you like!
    I've gotten a few emails from people who say theirs have arrived..

Anyone else gotten theirs yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Still nothing here. Was hoping to give one as a Christmas present!

Post Thanks / Like
    Merry Christmas. Hopefully the last of the calendars get there today. I'm really upset at the shipping this year!

Everything this year seems to be happening later than in previous years. Doesn't that figure? The first time I try to do multiple calendars, and Murphy's Law rears its ugly head at every turn.

I know it doesn't help to give excuses, but I'll tell you what happened. The printer told me that the calendars would be ready on the 9th (A Friday, and already a week behind my preferred schedule), and I had planned to ship on the 10th (over the weekend). But they had an equipment failure, and the tech didn't get their printer fixed until the following Monday (the 13th).

I got my calendars on the morning of the 14th, and allowing a couple of hours to address all 100+ envelopes, got everything sent out at the post office on that afternoon (14th). The postal service says usually 5-7 days, and "guarantees" mail to the US in 7-9 days, which puts delivery between the 21st and 23rd. Damn. Too close. Priority shipping would have added over $10 per envelope, or $1000 overall in postage. I sent the single and two-calendar orders through lettermail, as I was assured that would be faster than shipping as a parcel or packet. (Unfortunately, it also means no tracking number)

But all I could do is pray. I've gotten quite a few emails that people have received their calendars in places like California and Georgia between the 21st and yesterday (23rd). Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be everybody. Hopefully the rest are only one day behind.

I guess in perspective, its a first-world problem. But that still doesn't mean I have to like it!!!!

Hopefully everybody has a merry Christmas, and all your families are safe and warm!

Post Thanks / Like
    Same to you TAZ. I appreciate you making them. Even if it's late it will be a great present. Thanks.

Would this arrive to me via US postal service??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Usudno View Post
    Same to you TAZ. I appreciate you making them. Even if it's late it will be a great present. Thanks.

Would this arrive to me via US postal service??
    Yes, USPS.

Again, sorry. I hate this.

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries. Ups passed this morning. Postal to service passes later so there is still a chance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Still waiting patiently was hoping for Christmas but no big deal.
    Daily Driver 2011 Ford Mustang Convertible
    Donor 1997 Mustang Coupe
    Someday a Type65 Street Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm following up with the post office

Dec. 29th.

If you have not yet received your calendar by this afternoon, please email me. [email protected]
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Pleased to say mine arrived yesterday. Looks great and thanks. Will be checking out your web site a bit later.

Post Thanks / Like

Calendar Shipping Update

OK, where to start.

The good news....
    According to several emails I received yesterday and this morning, calendars continue to trickle in. This should continue over the next few days.

The bad news....
    This is really annoying me, and I just want to swear a blue streak.

Anyways, I spent 3 hours on the phone on Thursday with the head office of the Post Office. I spoke to a guy, then his supervisor, then his supervisor, then his manager.

The short version of what came of that conversation is as follows...(after all of their excuse-making and trying to blame everyone and everything but their own organization) "Anomalous weather events" (his words...I would have said "storms") "caused multiple flight delays and cancellations, resulting in deliveries being likewise delayed for several days." He also said that ExpressPost and Priority Post (the guys who pay $30-70 for a letter to be delivered) take priority, so regular mail, like mine, gets bumped. He suggested that everything should be delivered by Tuesday or Wednesday (Jan 2nd or 3rd).

Since my printer is closed until Tuesday anyway, all we can do is sit and wait, and hope more deliveries show up. In 4 years of doing the GTM calendars, I've never had this problem.

I have a plan to fix this at my own expense, and have communicated this to everyone who has emailed me with a shipping problem. If you contacted me, and haven't gotten an email, I apologize, and ask that you contact me at [email protected]. Also, contact me if your calendars aren't delivered by Tuesday, please.

Again, I apologize profusely to all who have had this issue. I'm really sorry for the delay. I feel terrible about this.

Taz

Post Thanks / Like
    OK...Finally and at long last...

It seems all calendars have found their homes.
    (with the exception of four orders...two of whom got the wrong calendars, for which I've re-sent the correct ones;
    one whose envelope was delivered empty, which I've also corrected;
    and one individual who has moved and is still waiting for his forwarded mail to arrive.)

If you are NOT one of the four individuals singled out above, and still have not gotten your calendar, LET ME KNOW NOW! (Oh, yeah, there were 3 late orders within the last few days. You know who you are. Give it a few days, please)

ALSO....
    You may have noticed certain events...Barrett Jackson, Daytona 500, Indy 500, Bonneville Speed Week, 25 Hours of Thunderhill, and a few others...are on the calendar.

If you think of another event that should be included on next year's calendars, please let me know.
    Last edited by Taz Rules; 01-04-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Taz,

Thanks again for doing this. They turned out great!

-Michael