Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Finally an owner again!!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally an owner again!!

I sold my other GTM a few years ago when I purchased my Viper. I have missed the uniqueness of the car, and just picked this beauty up. I could not be more excited!! It should arrive to my house in the next week or so from transport. I have a few things to complete on the car still; windshield, bolt seats in, headlights, window regulators, and a few other minor bits. Does anybody know anything else about the car? It sounds like an unfortunate situation from talking with the builders wife. It is sad, but I feel honored to finish it up and get it on the road.

Bargain-GTM-5.jpgBargain-GTM-6.jpgBargain-GTM-8.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations. Color scheme, looks sharp. The cars are truly unique. Today I took a ride to the store today and in 30 minutes I had three different people drive out of their way to ask what kid of car I was driving. It happens every time I go out. Send so more pictures when it arrives.
    Michael

GTM 240

Post Thanks / Like
    Impressive. You bought a Viper and STILL went back for another GTM. Says something about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    2 Vipers actually haha. I sold the GTM and bought a 1053rwhp 97 twin turbo Viper. It was absolutely insane how fast it was. I sold that and went to an 05 Viper after it was gone. They are such fun cars to drive, and I will definately miss them. But the GTM has such a unique look to it, its like nothing else. I also try to get to the TX2K races in Texas every year. If I get the GTM up to around 700 hp, I will be competing with a great deal of the GTRs and Lambos that end up there yearly for a fraction of the cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, makes me wish I had the money to start with a GTM instead of the 818.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations, and Enjoy!

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Just out of curiosity, why did you sell the 1000 hp Viper?

Post Thanks / Like
    It was a ton of car!!! I could peel the tires loose at 150. The thing was an absolute rocket. I like to drive my cars quite a bit throughout the week, and it was not too entirely street friendly haha. It would get out from under you very quickly. On my low tune at about 650hp I tore up multiple gen 5 vipers in town and a couple ferraris haha. I was also buying a new house and sold it to consolidate my cars a bit. I bought a newer 05 Copperhead viper and it has a few more street friendly aspects to it....including a cup holder lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I can remember I have not seen that paint scheme previously, so not sure of the lineage of that car. Paint can be changed though so who knows. I did know of an unfortunate story of a guy with cancer in Florida that had built a really nice GTM. You didn't happen to buy this from a woman in Florida, did you?
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the Veyron paint scheme. Very cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!

(shameless plug ... That would look great in the calendar this year! instructions on how to submit in the calendar thread .... end shameless plug)

I could give or take the exterior paint, but DAMN, that interior looks good in the pics!
    Glad you are happy and have another GTM back in the stable!

Post Thanks / Like
    This car is out of Arkansas. It has been a long build. The kit was originally purchased in 2006 and the invoice for the new LS7 from Chevrolet shows early 2007. It currently has 5 miles on it. I cant wait to get it out on the road and finish up the small odds and ends. I am still unsure on the paint.....i cant tell if I like it or now. I will know when it arrives to me in a week or so.