Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 stock WRX brake pedal slop?

Post Thanks / Like

818 stock WRX brake pedal slop?

I bled my brakes today fairly successfully with only a couple of leaking fittings and some sloppy brake fluid pouring on my part. Otherwise it went pretty smoothly. My brake pedal is easy to push in the first bit and then meets resistance when the piston actually starts pushing and pulling. However, the pedal will only return out so far and then has to be pulled out the rest of the way (through the easy zone). If I use the entire threaded stud on the brake light switch, it actually ends up in about the same spot where the pedal springs out to, but it didnt seem to me that the switch is supposed to be a hard stop, but maybe it is? I just dont understand why I can pull it out further after it has sprung back.

Can someone enlighten me? I must have messed something up.

Thanks is advance for any insight!

-Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    I just found a website that describes adjusting the 'freeplay' with the turn buckle clevis....I am going to go check this out. I'll report back.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I answered my own question. I adjusted the clevis out almost all the way and now I have a short freeplay zone...midway through it the brake light switch should trip and then the resistance builds as I apply the brakes. I think between the clevis and the switch I'll get it. Thanks for anyone who has read this far!

-Ben