Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: HOLLEY HP EFI WITH 4.6 in 33 Hot Rod

Post Thanks / Like

HOLLEY HP EFI WITH 4.6 in 33 Hot Rod

I installed a 2 v 4.6 the hp efi calls for getting a wire to a post in the on and start but not powered hot...
    only on ing and start .question is where do I tie it to in the Ron Francis kit

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Holley HP has a separate fused main battery harness that is connected directly to the battery. There is a large two pole plug on the ECU for it. I don't know which harness you have, but if you bought a plug and play harness, the fused relay that is hardwired into the harness is just for the fuel pump, ignition and injector circuits, not the main ECU power.

I highly recommend you study the instructions carefully, it's all in there. (I'm assuming this is the harness you have)

http://documents.holley.com/199r10724rev1.pdf

Edit: After posting this I thought about it some more. That's one of the problems with the RF harness, there aren't enough circuits for accessories like power windows, power steering, EFI, A/C, etc. You may have to splice into the RF harness main battery feed that goes to the fuse box for the red 14 ga that feeds the fuel pump relay. There is an inline fuse on hte Holley harness so your covered. The fuse and wiring on he RF harness is only 15 amps so it's probably too small to feed the Holly harness. (you still need the main ECU feed directly from the battery too though)
    Last edited by Arrowhead; 11-21-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really dont even have it yet but yes thats correct wiring just reading to prepare for the nightmare
    under 15 of the above directions show the red ad white wire and the red to be powered ignition and start .
    on the ron francis wiring kit the directions say there is a crank and coil connection for efi IMG_2980.JPG.
    can I tie these two together?to the red and white wire o the EFI?

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The red/white wire from the HP harness will go to the orange coil connection on he RF harness. The crank wire is not used on the HP. You will need a 30A source for the red wire that feeds the HP fuel pump relay.