Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Finally registered on the forum

Post Thanks / Like

Finally registered on the forum

I go by Cody. Picked up #8806 on 10/7/16. Drove back to Idaho and began setting up for a build I have planned for the last 20 years. Steering and front suspension are in and I am awaiting parts to rebuild and re-gear my rear end. Pulled the engine and transmission from my donor today. So far have loved every bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome! What are your plans for the build? Any pictures so far?
    818S Chassis #288 2.5L 323hp
    Ordered: 9/19/14 Received Kit: 11/2/14 First Start: 5/31/15 First Drive: 6/7/15 Registered: 3/10/2016 Completed: 2/10/2017
    joshuajach.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to figure out the posting of pics. As for my plans, it is important to me to know what is on my car and where it cam from. That way I could walk into my local auto parts store and get replacements off the shelf. This "rule" has some exceptions of course. Donor is a 95, but plan an edelbrock rpm top end with a tbi fuel injection (kinda leaning toward msd atomic). 95 width rear 4-link with 3.55 gears. OE hydro boost brakes (03 Mach 1 on order), stock 95 t5 transmission. The front end has 93 lower control arms, 93 power steering rack and tie rod ends, 95 spindles and brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like my build will be really similar to yours. I'm using a 94 donor. You're about 6 months ahead of me...

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Cody,

Welcome & Congratulations!

The adventure that you just began will be sometimes frustrating, mostly rewarding, but always amazing.
    I'm about to fire up #8,515 and though I'm behind on my personal build schedule, the process is going well.
    The Senior Members of this forum really know their stuff and have been a tremendous help to me as I am sure they will be for you.

Don't Hesitate To Ask For Help & Know That The Entire Factory Five Family Is Behind You!

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo

PS: They help you even if you do things differently.

https://youtu.be/3f1Q4aS5SG4
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 11-28-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm doing a factory tour next week and planning to order my MK4. I found a 2001 Mustang Cobra as a donor but still researching for parts, part numbers. Can anyone tell me the P/N for the Morosso or Canton oil pan that the manual eludes to?
    Is there a kit for turn signals on the column? Was thinking about fabbing a heater/defrost and vent all in one. Need a few measurements but have the basic design on paper. Anyone ever do this before?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky2009 View Post
    ... I found a 2001 Mustang Cobra as a donor
    Where did you find your donor Mustang Cobra? I don't know were to begin looking for a donor, short of just searching online. I was hoping to get pointed in the right direction.

Thanks.
    Juan
    St Louis, MO

Post Thanks / Like
    Juan,
    I've search AutoTrader, CarGurus, ebay, and copart. Remember, you can buy a base mustang for wiring, steering, gas tank, etc.. I asked a local towing company and they said they would sell me a base mustang for $300. I "THINK" you'll need the wiring / onboard PC to match the engine, for the EFI. Are you buying the base kit or complete? With the complete kit, you'll only need motor, trans, rear end, PC rear brakes... and ALL the FFR extras.

PS: I only paid $4700 for the donor, with less than 40k miles. It took "lots" of searching to find it!
    Also: Found the oil pan. Champs Pans. CP4654 for $360. Also need a new oil pickup $100

Good Luck,
    David
    Last edited by Ducky2009; 12-28-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Juan,
    Look up "Prestige Mustang - Used Mustang Parts" on FaceBook. 770-207-7669 Located in Monroe GA. Lots of engines/trans and wiring harnesses and computers. He will ship to you.
    David (Ducky2009)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ranger,

Welcome to the forum. I've upgraded your account so you can edit your profile and use the Picture Gallery. An overview of adding pics is found here:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...tures-in-posts

HTH,

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Juan,
    Did you find a donor car?
    David