Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Door handles and locks for Type65 Gen3 coupes with windows?

Post Thanks / Like

Door handles and locks for Type65 Gen3 coupes with windows?

Since windows are a planned option for the Gen3 coupe, are there plans for including exterior handles and locks? I've seen some fob-based electric door latches, but would prefer something a bit more traditional.

Post Thanks / Like
    From all I've seen and read, the side windows are an option now, but not the other items you ask about.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked Jim at SEMA about the windows and he said they would be the same setup as the Gen two wtih the sliding section.

Post Thanks / Like
    Russ is correct, Jim told me no regular style power windows are planned - only the sliding Lexan. I think glass power windows could be adapted, it might take a bit of tinkering to get it worked out. In the end, I think it would be well worth the time to figure it out.

Thanks John

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah--I thought they would be the roll-up/down kind. I will have to figure to how to fit handles and locks, so I can use the car around town. Thanks for the insight!

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how close the new door dimensions are to a Superformance car? If close maybe you can see what they use for a set up.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Thompson View Post
    I asked Jim at SEMA about the windows and he said they would be the same setup as the Gen two wtih the sliding section.
    This is disappointing. I wish FFR would work towards a car that could be sealed up like a normal car. It would make these cars a lot more viable for someone who can't afford to have $25-50k tied up in a nice weather only vehicle. I wonder how many people buy a C5 Vette instead because they can drive it to work.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    $25-50K in a nice weather car only? Not at all uncommon, in fact the $25K is the low side IF your lucky. Go to any car show and look at those restored Mustangs, the Cuda's, the Model A's and T's as well as most any of the prime show pieces out there and you'll likely see far more then $25K in each and every one. And odds are these are all fair weather babies. I know my coupe is. Sold my last 70 Mustang to build this and sold my prior Mustang to build the 70. Both of them were well over $25K and were fair weather toys only. Even thought the 70 had factory air, I never used it.p side.jpgViper Blue.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    It just depends on your financial position. You are fortunate and actually so am I. I just wish I could drive my FFR more. My Tacoma is great at doing what it is supposed to do, but it sure as heck isn't much fun.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like