Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Oil cooler plumbing

Post Thanks / Like

Oil cooler plumbing

First of all Merry Christmas!

I'm away from my MK3 roadster and was thinking or ordering parts for her trying to eliminate the remote oil filter since it has a problematic leak and to repair is the same cost to install a 90 degree filter and a remote mount. But...... I can't remember how the oil cooler is plumbed in. I am almost certain the remote filter mount runs to the filter but the oil cooler is not plumber through the filter. What are the other ways to plumb in the oil cooler?

Post Thanks / Like
    Routing is engine to cooler. Cooler to filter. Filter to engine. For future reference to guys building. Get the sandwich adapter suggested above and then run the plumbing to the cooler.

I wish this info was available during the build and my builder been smart enough to follow the advice on these boards. I'm going to go with an earls adapter since mine is cracked. I have all the plumbing already installed and it would be a waste to start over with all new plumbing and the adapter. If I get mad enough at the leaks, I will probably go through with the change over.

Thank you for the help, and hopefully this helps future builders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quoted from Mustang Man: This is the adapter I use. Instead of having four lines to a remote, mount this on the engine, spin your filter on, and then run two lengths of AN -10 hose to your cooler:

https://www.holley.com/products/plum...t/parts/502ERL