BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: T-5 Shifter Location

Post Thanks / Like

T-5 Shifter Location

Can anyone send me a picture of a finished, standard shifter location with the T-5 transmission in the 289 FIA? I've heard everything from the standard location is impossible to shift to it's fine and no big deal. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not optimal and I don't think anyone went with the original location. By original I mean the standard T5 shifter and tailshaft with that forward bent shifter handle. I first went with an original tailshaft and tried to make a linkage that did not work well and finally put an s10 tailshaft on my T5. So smooth now. Anything you can do to move it forward keeps the vintage look. Not even FFR used the shifter that they give you with the kit.

Last edited by ehansen007; 12-01-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you get that shift lever? The one I have has a fake reverse lockout on it which I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by ehansen007 View Post
    It's not optimal and I don't think anyone went with the original location. By original I mean the standard T5 shifter and tailshaft with that forward bent shifter handle. I first went with an original tailshaft and tried to make a linkage that did not work well and finally put an s10 tailshaft on my T5. So smooth now. Anything you can do to move it forward keeps the vintage look. Not even FFR used the shifter that they give you with the kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Erik, Thanks so much for the help.