Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EJ205 Fuel Rail Options

Post Thanks / Like

EJ205 Fuel Rail Options

My donor ('04 WRX) fuel rails are pretty gnarly and I'd rather not reuse them for the build. I've looked into aftermarket options but they all seem to be for more power, fuel flow, etc. I would like to keep the stock fuel injectors, flow, turbo, etc. but can't seem to pin down the right combination.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you want a takeoff rail set from another car? Or are you looking to go aftermarket? What kind of solution are you looking for?

For example: I have a set of JDM STI rails coming from a v6 intake that I will be pulling from my car soon. They are cosmetically good looking and would be a direct bolt in, but they are for side feed injectors instead of the top feeds you probably have. (Also have STI injectors... probably 550cc and an extra set of 800cc ones which would be overkill for a TD04, but would give headroom for E85 or different turbo)

WP_20140912_12_15_25_Pro.jpg
    818SC chassis #206 EJ207 2.0L VF37 twin scroll || Cusco type RS 1.5 LSD || Wilwood pedal box (firewall attach) || Wilwood superlite front calipers
    BUILD Phase 1: 6/6/2014 car delivered || 5/24/2015 first start || 6/7/2015 go karted || 4/20/2016 hard-top-topped || 10/25/2016 registered || 11/18/2016 inspected & complete
    BUILD Phase 2: 3/8/2017 EJ207v8 || 5/29/2017 re-first re-start || 7/17/2017 re-assembled with race car bits

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't want to change the turbo -- I guess I was looking for something with a cleaner look and without the increased power requirements.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use bigger lines and rails without any issues. Just use the same injectors and the stock fuel pressure regulator or ensure the FPR you use is set to stock pressure 43.5 psi.
    -Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EODTech87 View Post
    You can use bigger lines and rails without any issues. Just use the same injectors and the stock fuel pressure regulator or ensure the FPR you use is set to stock pressure 43.5 psi.
    Jason - thanks. Some of the aftermarket sites imply increased power etc. is a requirement for application but that is not the case. I may go with Boomba rails - good price point.

BTW - EOD got me and my boys (USMC) out of some sticky situations across the pond - much respect!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're doing any sort of conversion switch to top feed injectors if the '04 wasn't already.

Post Thanks / Like
    or you can simplify the fuel line for delivery per the Simplifying the EJ thread under Engine and transmission post #1.
    This makes it look better, and eliminates the uneven delivery lines that some say is a problem for high output engines.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/attac...3&d=1362067091
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Contact http://www.route69racing.com/ in Las Vegas, they have a nice set of rails.

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    radium engineering rails. done deal.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be getting rid of my Perrin rails very soon. $250 shipped if you're interested.
    Owner/builder - AEM Intakes 818R #85

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SixStar View Post
    I'll be getting rid of my Perrin rails very soon. $250 shipped if you're interested.
    I went with the boomba racing rails. Thanks for the offer though...