Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LS3 install and Oil Pan Clearence

Post Thanks / Like

LS3 install and Oil Pan Clearence

Is the oil pan that the LS3 create motor comes with (i,e. 2010 & up Camaro) OK to use, or does the build require the Gen l Camaro rear sump pan kit? Has anyone put an LS3 create motor LS376/480 in a 33 and what problems or concerns did you have. My drive line is a chevy LS376/480 with T56 magnum and 9" ford with 3 link.

What headers to use?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check the 33 build threads. several LS builds have been done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the "corvette" pan and it sits above the lowest point of the chassis.
    I am using the stock manifolds that came with the crate motor and had a exhaust shop make the connection to the supplied exhaust.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check it out but my Ls3 came with a factory 2000 Camaro oil pan no clearance problems.Be aware the connect and cruise package comes with a 2000 Camaro slave cylinder that has a snap connection fitting and to get a hydraulic line you will have to get a Mc leod 139204 48" from Summit at $ 93.60. This gets you back to a 4an fitting for your clutch master cylinder or use an aftermarket before you put it together as you will not be able to put in any other adapters once its assembled. Hooker block hugger headers hok 2313 hkr will fit but lousy quality had open 3 boxes at Summit to get one decent pair so much for the Mexican build quality also you will have to modify your exhaust flange connections to get a fit. Also GM performance does not provide information on various parts of the engine such as steam pipes from the cylinder heads and how to connect them. Factory 5 motor mounts are flimsy and don't provide front to rear racking support we welded in a brace to strengthen them. The Ford motor mounts are well built but not usable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Thanks for the info.I will be watching your build as it is similar to mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed a LSX motor and used the •Holley LS Engine Retrofit Oil Pan - 510-302-1 and also used JBA headers JBA 1812SJS both can be found on the Jegs web sight. I did have to build my own down tubes to connect to the FFR exhaust system.

IMG_0033.JPG