Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need rack bellows boots.

Post Thanks / Like

Need rack bellows boots.

Hi folks! On my project , somehow both bellows boots over the inner tie rods are ripped, and falling apart. Does anyone know where replacements car be had? Is there a oem fitment . I assume my rack fits some other car.Thanks for any info.,
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I guess no one has replaced these before! Beerman on this forum told me the rack used is a Flaming River unit that fits late 80's mustangs. I called Flaming River with this into, and the measurements, amd they gave me a part number. Summit had them ---- FR1502B. They fit great! Somwone will need this info someday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks oldchevyguy. Mine are shot too. I have an Austin Healey kit car, that uses a similar aftermarket rack. I bought Mustang II boots from NAPA but they were pricey too. I checked Rockauto. They have Dorman universal boots. It looks like the rack end has about 3 steps and you just cut off the small ones until you get back to the size you need. $10.38 ea. The only direct fit ones that I found with dimensions were Moog K9882. They had 1.83" ID on big end. They are $13.58 ea. I plan to measure my rack OD and order the Moog's if they appear to fit. It may be a while as my GTM still needs a lot of assembly.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine were over 2 inches diameter on the big end. The Flaming River set was $60 with shipping.