Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Leather Big & Tall Roadster seats - Swap for Small & Short leather seats

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Leather Big & Tall Roadster seats - Swap for Small & Short leather seats

Hello all!

Factory Five notified me that from my kit (or a few before mine) they are only shipping the Big & Tall seats with the Roadsters (as long as they didn't stretch the truth a bit and don't want to pay to swap mine out) but the only problem is that I'm underfed and short!

I'd like the standard Leather roadster seats for my car.

I got my delivery 12/2/16 and I'm looking for anyone interested in an even trade - Leather B&T for Leather Standard. I'm in Florida for a meet or I can ship if you can.

Please let me know if you are interested in a trade.

Thanks,
    Bruce Krist

Post Thanks / Like
    Bruce,

Just sent you a PM!

John Morrison
    (901) 489-9828

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a permanent change and the regular seats are no longer available?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    What?! I hope that's not true! I'm not really a fan of the big and tall seats.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    I second that notion... that was never brought to my attention and my kit will be here Tuesday. I would have deleted the seats had I known. I will be and to confirm Tuesday if ol Jim makes it down.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I was told when I tried to exchange mine. I NEED the standard seats as I'm "Height Challenged" but was told by FFR that this is the new standard. I hope I wasn't lied to and that they just didn't want to pay to ship new ones and have these sent back but they only have one part number for vinyl and one for leather in the catalog now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh I have vinyl seats. I didn't upgrade to the leather.

Tech Support, FFR Courtnie Provencher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Guys!
    I see some of you are frustrated with the recent changes to our seats. For a long time we were selling mostly upgrades for the big and tall seats so we decided to make the switch and order all of our seats, vinyl and leather, so they came with this standard. These are the types of improvements we try to make over time to give our customers the extra foot box room that is usually requested. The only difference from our old standard seats, to the big and tall seats is that there is one inch less of padding, creating the little bit of extra space. There's not set spot a seat has to be placed in the car, so for anyone who needs to close up some space in leg room, you can always bolt the seat to the floor closer to the steering wheel and foot box. We also sell seat tracks for $75.00 that can be installed to move the seat forward if your prefer. Thank you for all of your understanding.
    Courtnie Provencher
    Factory Five Tech Sales & Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for clearing that up Courtnie. I pictured the high back seats when big and tall was mentioned.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines