Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: When do you paint??

Post Thanks / Like

When do you paint??

In the planning stages, waiting for kit to arrive, many thoughts going through my head. Build manual is no exactly clear on this, When do you paint or wrap the body panels. Assemble, disassemble and then paint? Paint the completed car? Do the panels need a lot of fitting and prep work?

Thanks in advance,

Curious Bob.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think a lot of people do it different ways. The way I see it done is the car need to be assembled completely as you expect it to before you paint it. You then take it apart and paint all the parts off the car. Of course some parts that are glued onto the panel should be left off until after paint, but it would be good idea to get the holes and everything as you expect it to be before you paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I completely agree, and yes, the panels will need lots of attention if you want a nice finished paint job. My front fenders have been on and off the car at least 4 times.

Also, you will get a very favorable price from the paint shop if you bring your individual pieces versus bringing in the finished car, which they will have to prep and tape.