Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Paint Scheme Renderings

Post Thanks / Like

Paint Scheme Renderings

As I have browsed through multiple post, I have notice some to have what appear to be custom avatars or renderings of vehicles. Does anyone out there do paint scheme renderings or know of a software or website that might aid me in visualizing perspective paint schemes?

Thanks

2. Likes miguelt liked this post
    PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JOP33 View Post
    As I have browsed through multiple post, I have notice some to have what appear to be custom avatars or renderings of vehicles. Does anyone out there do paint scheme renderings or know of a software or website that might aid me in visualizing perspective paint schemes?

Thanks
    When i was dreaming up paint ideas for my 33 build I printed out the silver 33 in the FFR gallery. I printed it out in Black and white so it came out mostly white on paper. I made a lot of copies and used color pencils till I came out with a scheme I liked. It is not a fancy computer way of doing it but it worked well for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. Yeah, I have enlarged on monitor and tried to trace but details get lost a little...I am no artist.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    My avatar is a concept drawing I had done. It looks amazing in person. The artist is really good. He is not a forum sponsor so I don't know if it is appropriate to list him here. Pm me and I can give you his info if you want. I provided him color samples, picture of a mk4 and the wheels and seats I would use and he drew it up. I have it framed in my office now. Display quality art. Think it cost me about $225
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure what your computer skills are - but if you have a copy of Photoshop Elements (the cheap one) or other similar titles you can change or replace colours without too much hassle.
    The trick is to find picture of the car you like (with similar stripes, decals whatever) where the colour of the car is not repeated or is minimal in the scenery - that way you can choose that colour and replace it with another.

If the colours of the car are repeated in the background a lot, you will need to mask out the background from these changes.

tutorial here
    http://www.graphic-design.com/Photos...ace_color.html
    Jonas

Check out our build blog - https://vjjfactoryfive.wordpress.com/
    FFR Type-65 Coupe 720
    London Ontario Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Maya, along with vray/iray, Nuke, photoshop to come up with my concepts renderings.
    OutputSmall.jpgTEST.jpg
    My build site : www.ScootinThunder33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    House of Kolor has a digital paint booth here. They have the FFR 33 as one of the options. It's Windows only, last time I checked. I bought the single model version for the '33 and did some playing around, but moved to a Mac and haven't tried running it on a virtual windows system yet. Might have to try that some day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    House of Kolor has a digital paint booth here. They have the FFR 33 as one of the options. It's Windows only, last time I checked. I bought the single model version for the '33 and did some playing around, but moved to a Mac and haven't tried running it on a virtual windows system yet. Might have to try that some day.
    Thanks jayguy...Well worth the investment. Have been toying around with a few ideas this past weekend. Might be putting the cart before the horse with even thinking about paint at this point, but I am waiting on Build School first week of March and I'm hoping for a FFR 50/50 sale in between now and then.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are just a couple ideas I am toying around with...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JOP33; 12-27-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at ford triple yellow with some bright red and maybe some black trim. This is a full fender and top car. Have not come up with the how to mix collars on car!
    Or may try the yellow with red pearl in clear coat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Some pretty cool ideas you have. All very different, too. What program did you decide upon to make these?

At my first quick glance, the first one looked like a city skyline, until I looked closer. I think a skyline would look very cool, but I like the mountains as well.

Very creative!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Some pretty cool ideas you have. All very different, too. What program did you decide upon to make these?

At my first quick glance, the first one looked like a city skyline, until I looked closer. I think a skyline would look very cool, but I like the mountains as well.

Very creative!

Regards,

Steve
    jayguy turned me on to House of Kolors Digital Paint Booth...One of the cars available is actually the 33' from FFR. Several versions of the software available (at different price points). I opted for the one that only allows for (1) vehicle. Pretty straight forward and easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is very timely information. I am trying to choose a color for my Roadster. Do you know if the digital spray booth database of cars includes a Cobra? Thank you!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    This is very timely information. I am trying to choose a color for my Roadster. Do you know if the digital spray booth database of cars includes a Cobra? Thank you!
    I am not certain as I have the one vehicle version, but if you visit the link that jayguy posted above you should be able to view a list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it does. I looked at this last week and on the site you can see a list of vehicles available.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Put my vote on number three! Lone Star State