Guys - Let me start out by saying how much ALL of your input helps out potential "Builders" like
myself and others. The dedication and commitment that is shown through answering all of our
"greenhorn" questions, not once, twice or three times, but multiple times in multiple threads asked
a million different ways, is very appreciated and is proof of the love you have for the journey
ya'll have embarked on and in many instances completed (maybe several times). I for one want to
thank you for that continued dedication and commitment. You are inspirations in your commitment.

I have been flirting with the idea of building a 33' for several months now and building or
restoring a vehicle since I was a kid. Many of you have already offered some good input on some of
the threads...thank you. I am not a gear head. I haven't spent the majority of my life banging my
head on the undersides of hoods or busting my knuckles in confined engine compartments. Yet I have
always had real appreciation for those that could look at a car driving down the road and tell what
make it was, or could reel off every engine in any vehicle ever made, as growing up I wanted to be
that guy. When I was much younger, I worked as and Auto Body Tech for a short period of time as
a profession. After that I strayed from the Automotive Industry path in search of a more consistent
source of income. This led me down the road of the Manufacturing Industry where I have made a good
living for the last 20+ years forming steel in other ways. I do consider myself to be average (or
slightly above) in my mechanical inclination. I am very systematic in my approach to things and
follow instructions extremely well (I like having a manual). I am at a point in my life where I find myself in search of a
project. Not a weekend project, not a honey-do, not building a shelf, but something something that
will provide me with hours of enjoyment, challenges me at moments, and yes, even frustrates me at
times, but when done will give me that prideful sense of completion and a beautiful ride. I believe
the FFR 33' may fit the bill. I have had the opportunity to spend many hours reading through 100's
of post and trying to absorb as much as I possibly can as I prepare to take the plunge. Some of
you have even opened your shop up to me (thanks Don). I have even downloaded the manual and read
through it several times. Based on my knowledge and recognizing my limitations and skill, I want to
try to keep the build as simple as possible. This is what I have come up with so far...

Ford 302 Carb (or EFi, still deciding) - Crated, turnkey
AOD Transmission - Crated, turnkey
Electric Power Assist Steering - FFR
3 Link Rear Suspension - FFR
Big & Tall Guy Seats - FFR
Autometer Gauge Set - FFR
Tilt Steering Column - FFR
A/C, Heater. Defrost Kit - FFR
Removeable Hard Top - FFR
Power Windows & Door Handles for Removeable Top - FFR
Moser 8.8” 3-Link Solid Axle Rear End Housing, 3.55 Gears w/5-lug Axles, Standard Width - FFR
12.88” Front Wilwood Brakes, Black Calipers, Drilled & Slotted - FFR
12.19” Rear Wilwood Brakes, Black Calipers, Drilled & Slotted - FFR

My thinking is that the FFR kit offers me the best opportunity for success & completion. After
reading through some post, I understand the manual itself has some limitations, but I have also
decided to do the Build School too (as I mentioned, I want to take every opportunity to make this a
successful build). This is also my reasoning for the 302/AOD drop-ins, opposed to trying to swallow
an engine build as well. I still have a little trepidation as I read through some post and see some
have deleted items from their order to go with better options, stories of frame interference,
sequencing of the build, when do you put the body on, what can be done without the body, should the
car be completely mocked up before painting, when should I rivet vs. temporarily attaching...the
list goes on and on. Now I must mention, none of this truely frightens me away from moving forward,
but I can only imagine some of those issues that have come up during your builds would have not been
recognized by a newbie like myself until hours of time, damaged parts and possibly money were
invested into items that might now need to be fixed, repaired or replaced. I know, I know...that's
all part of the build, right? It's just a very large investment and one that, at least financially
speaking, will probably never be worth more than it is the day I order it. Thanks for being a
sounding board and letting me throw out my thoughts. I would invite any input, feedback or
criticisms and hope that, as many of you already have, someday a newbie like myself will read
this and know that everyone of us, at some point during a build, struggles with decisions like this.

Thanks again.