Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Traction control question

Post Thanks / Like

Traction control question

Good evening all,

After a fun afternoon doing donuts I decided to start wiring traction control up and had a few questions. For the driven wheels I currently have an open diff (on a spending freeze but a diff is on the list of purchases.) I have wheel speed sensors from factory abs however it seems prudent to use speed sensor in trans for driven wheels as only one driven wheel may spin under certain circumstances.

Anyone running traction control using MS3 for it care to share how they wired it and settings.

I am looking at a percent slip using trans sensor for driven wheels and factory abs for front using a JBperformance VR conditioner board to get a good signal from the VR sensor. The trans sensor appears to be a Hall effect so shouldn't need any conditioning.

Respectfully,

John

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't speak to the setup you are using, but I used a RaceLogic traction control system. It uses the ABS wheel speed sensors on all four corners. You calibrate the TractionControl computer by putting it into calibration mode, then driving forward a ways, then turning a sharp 180 degree turn, then driving forward a ways. It uses this to calculate the difference in diameter between front and rear times, and also the difference in rotation between left and right side tires in a turn. It then uses math to determine whether your rear tires are slipping or not.

I think you'd probably have better luck asking on an MS3 forum. Keep us posted on how it works.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Why do you need a conditioner? The stock gauges have the pull up resistor for the trans VSS.
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Hingsight that sounds easy.

I have to put in tooth count and tire diameter drive around and adjust the diameter so the driven wheel and non driven numbers match the speed, than I just plug in how sensitive and what percent slip I want. The problem is I need digital signal as I have used up the VR inputs on the main board and expansion card with crank and cam input. I will give the guys at DIYAUTOTUNE a shout in the morning since they now have the plug and play MS ECU for ej205's they are probably familiar with the WRX. I am trying to avoid using all my inputs as I need to still run angle sensors for the intake cams AVCS, oil pressure sensor and two speed sensors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    Why do you need a conditioner? The stock gauges have the pull up resistor for the trans VSS.
    I need to condition the ABS Variable reluctance sensor on the un driven wheel. the hall sensor in the trans should be good to go as is.

Post Thanks / Like
    The JB performance conditioner board seems to be working well for the abs vr sensor on the front. I have only tested it by spinning the wheel by hand but speeds show reasonable in tuner studio. I need to get the wiring secured so I can get it calibrated with the trans vss by taking a spin.