Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wanting to join the family

Post Thanks / Like

Wanting to join the family

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Zack and I have been dreaming of ordering a roadster for quite some time! I've had mustangs and hot rod pickups since high school and now that I am about to retire after 20 years of active duty service in the Air Force, I feel like that will be a great retirement gift to myself! I can't wait to explore and read all the posts form all of you and learn what to do and what not to do! I currently live just north of Salt Lake City, UT. If anyone is family local I would love to meet up and see your roadster!

Good to "meet" you all and I'm looking forward to picking your brain!

Zack

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your service. I agree, great gift to yourself!
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1. Get manual and read it a few times.
    2. If you interested in the MK-4 or 289-FIA, then watch the assembly videos too.
    3. One concern that needs to be addressed is if you are a really tall fellow, with big feet, you may want to go to Factory Five and sit in the model that you want to build.
    4. If you make it past steps 1, 2 & 3, then get your shop and finances in order and pull the trigger.
    5. Finally, consider going to the build school if you feel unsure about your skills.

Good Luck & I Hope You Build Your Dream Car!

Steve

https://youtu.be/UJwM5godh88
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 12-21-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    1. Get manual and read it a few times.
    2. If you interested in the MK-4 or 289-FIA, then watch the assembly videos too.
    3. One concern that needs to be addressed is if you are a really tall fellow, with big feet, you may want to go to Factory Five and sit in the model that you want to build.
    4. If you make it past steps 1, 2 & 3, then get your shop and finances in order and pull the trigger.
    5. Finally, consider going to the build school if you feel unsure about your skills.

Good Luck & I Hope You Build Your Dream Car!

Steve

https://youtu.be/UJwM5godh88
    Steve, all good points and I wish I was closer to the East coast and could go to the factory and see it! As for mechanical skills, I haven't tackled anything that scared me away yet. I know I still have a few tools and items to acquire that will help my build. I think I am 2 years from order and I've waited this long, I can be patient enough to get it done right.

Right now I'm just wondering small block, big block, carbed, dual carbs, EFI, 5 speed, 6 speed, IRS, 4 speed, solid axle, gear ratio, paint, high backs, low backs! haha So many options and I know motor/trans is the big one I need to figure out first. At first though I want a new 5.0, 6 speed and IRS... But something simple about a big cubes and a big CFM with a 4 speed....

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeddmn View Post
    Right now I'm just wondering small block, big block, carbed, dual carbs, EFI, 5 speed, 6 speed, IRS, 4 speed, solid axle, gear ratio, paint, high backs, low backs! haha So many options and I know motor/trans is the big one I need to figure out first. At first though I want a new 5.0, 6 speed and IRS... But something simple about a big cubes and a big CFM with a 4 speed....
    I totally get your configurations dreams since I'm one of the very few who have put a 383 Small Block Chevy and the only one to do it with a ZF 6-Speed transmission and Dana 44 style (Moser) rear end in a MK-4.
    Do your research and make a plan and try not to make "Stone Soup" out of it and you will be fine.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Zack, Thanks for your service and my daughter is stationed at Lackland! Go Air Force! I'm new and hoping to build in a year or so too. The people are great to help new guys figure out what to do and answer any questions. Oh, they seem to be excellent at helping you spend your money too. From what I've seen just super people! Good luck with your plan. Len
    1972 Corvette Stingray 350 c.i. Manual Steering & Brakes
    2003 H-D Softail Deuce 88 c.i. TwinCam
    Gen 3 Coupe Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Zack, Thanks for your service. I'm about 3 months from ordering a Mk 4 complete kit when I sell my '72 Corvette. As stated above lots of knowledge here.
    JR

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Zack, great to see you on the forum. I am close by don't have a roadster but did just get my GTM delivered you are welcome to come by and talk or look. I managed to make it out to Factory Five last summer for the open house it was a great trip if you can manage it. I was in your exact shoes 11 yrs ago so I know and understand. Send me a PM or give me a call @ five eight six 7 eight 2 one. Thanks for your service and congratulations on your up coming retirement.
    Steve