Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Custom heat extractor taillights in the works

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Custom heat extractor taillights in the works

I have been working on making some taillights for my GTM that are a little more appropriate. Going for a similar look as the 2017 Ford GT, but with some flair. They are custom made 1/2" acrylic diffusers for which I am having custom addressable LED rings made, which are controlled with 5v data from an Arduino Uno. There will be 4 rings, red all the time for parking lights, and get brighter with brakes. The outer two will light amber for turn signals, and the inner two will light white for reverse. I am also making a trim ring insert for the center to give them a turbine look. This ring will be gloss black or carbon fiber. If you look closely, you will see the detail in the inner ring, and that the inside is chamfered as well. Subtle but huge difference. Lastly, the center is open, with a concave pressed grill to add depth. Air will flow in the side scoops, and the four lights will serve as extra heat extraction points. Once my prototype is complete and working, I will CNC the final products for assembly. The outer ring will be lightly tinted and they will be done.
    Last edited by MTSCustoms; 12-24-2016 at 12:53 AM.