Way cool, I get to help build a coupe and it doesn’t cost me anything. This’ll be like going to build school and being able to enjoy the ride. Delivery in May, by his choice.

This will be a street car with HPDE track events planned but not formal racing. No rules, anything goes! This is my favorite part.

The initial configuration follows most of what’s been listed by Karen, John and Eric. Thanks all.

Complete Kit, non-donor Not the “R” chassis.
Aluminum 427w, good cam, good parts. Stacked EFI or carb TBD. Should hit 550hp or a bit more.
IRS, non-pin drive
FFR/Wilwood brake upgrades
Koni, double adjustable shocks
Sway bars F/R
Tubular lower front control arms
Torsen T2 diff and we’ll change to 3.31 or 3.55 gears
T-56 Magnum with 2.66 1st .62 6th This will be used as a 4-speed on the track.
Custom headers to fit AFR 220 heads. Not sure about sidepipes.
Competition seats.
AC/Heat
Wheels and tires are TBD but 18” front w/ 275s and 19” rears w/335-345s are possibilities.
Other order form options were selected.

So, we have a few questions. He’s not registered here, may at some time. I’ve been assisting with the configuration and might as well keep things moving. Besides I’m really excited about this build.

Radiator & fan - Is the unit as supplied sufficient for 550-600hp? The plan is for an aluminum 427w. We’ll have shrouding on the front and then around the fan. There will be an oil cooler and thermostat installed.

Power steering - Suggestions for a rack & pump. Again, Windsor based engine. Suggestions that provide good feel and feedback?

Brakes - The upgrade FFR/Wilwoods look good but then the set that John George has shown for his new build are real interesting. We’re looking at options. Are the 12.88 Wilwoods sufficient for the track?

Are the Koni double adjustable shocks worth the money? FFR doesn’t offer any info on either set of shocks. It’s hard to evaluate w/o information.

Are the optional competition seats the Kirkey Intermediate Road Race seats?

What is the new coupe expected to weigh w/o concern for NASA/SCCA class specifications? The plan is to add as much “lightness” as possible for a comfortable street car. It will have AC/Heat and carpet.

Any comments offered are appreciated and will help “tune” the configuration.

We've been reading about the other builds and there is a great supply of knowledge here, we really appreciate it and hopefully will be able to offer something in return.

Thanks,

Jim
Grand Rapids, MI
A Superformance owner but plotting and planning for my own FFR coupe.