Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Alternator Bracket Question

Post Thanks / Like

Alternator Bracket Question

Merry Christmas everyone!
    While reading the GTM assembly manual, I see the kit came with a Alternator relocation bracket. Since I didn't buy the kit, but rather an incomplete roller, I don't have these parts. What do you guys suggest I do? Buy the FFR parts, or is there another bracket that works? Another question...... Where can I get a harness plug for my Corvette steering column? I would prefer a used plug. The assembly manual says to reuse the donor car part, which, of course, I don't have. Any ideas? Thanks , Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bill,

I used bracket from the Caldillac CTS-V (Alternator & A/C). They mount low and close to the engine.

There is a parts store on e-bay that specializes in Corvette parts for GTM use.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Five...FXsd7x&vxp=mtr

Click the link and then click on the "store" to get a complete list of parts that he sells. It may also be an avenue to send a message to request specific parts.

http://stores.ebay.com/FParts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

They can more than likely be a source for the steering column harness as well. It's worth a try anyway.

Take care,

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 12-25-2016 at 12:15 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Another place you can try also is www.corevettesalvage.com. I delt with them when ordered my donor parts and Dino is a really cool guy to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike. Can you tell me what year CTS-V I could use, or any other information. I see on ebay there,are aftermarket brackets that come up under a CTS-V alternator bracket search. Would this work?

Post Thanks / Like
    GM Performance Parts sold a complete accessory kit as Part Number 19155066.

I bought mine from GM Parts Direct. www.gmpartsdirect.com
    Pace Performance might also be another good place to look. www.paceperformance.com

CTS-V Accessory Drive System, with A/C (not Shown)
    · Does not work on LS9 and LSA supercharged engines
    · Most harmonic balancers do not line up correctly with the accessory drive system: damper P/N 12620556 is strongly recommended.
    · Air Conditioning has separate belt: to delete air conditioning, do not install the belt, compressor, or tensioner.
    · Fits all LS type engines except for production iron block applications
    · Direct Bolt on for LS3 and LS7 engines (My engine is and LS2 crate engine from GMPP).

The system includes:
    12578548 Bracket-Air Conditioning
    89023451 Compressor-Air Conditioning
    12595289 Tensioner-Air Conditioning Belt
    12578549 Belt-Air Conditioning Compressor
    12578551 Bracket-Power Steering Pump
    21997867 Pump-Power Steering
    12578552 Pulley-Power Steering Pump
    21997866 Reservoir-Power Steering Fluid
    21997868 Hose-Power Steering Fluid Reservoir with Clamps
    12578550 Bracket-Generator
    25766345 Generator

12568996 Pulley-Belt Idler
    12569301 Tensioner-Drive Belt
    12578553 Belt-Water Pump/Generator/Power Steering

Make sure that you get the correct bolts for any brackets that you buy.
    11516360 (4) Bolt - 10 x 1.50 x 90mm
    11588751 (3) Bolt - Hvy HX Acorn Flg Hd
    11588744 (2) Bolt - Hvy HX Acorn Flg Hd
    11518075 (3) Bolt - Hex Flg HD
    11588747 (3) Bolt, Gen
    11515760 (2) Bolt Hvy Hex Flg

Let me know if you need anything else and I'll dig deeper through my paperwork.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 12-26-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    This is excellent. Did you run power steering, or just not use the power steering pump in the kit, and use some kind of PS delete pulley? We're their any modifications to the engine or chassis required with this kit in the GTM?

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no room for a belt driven power steering pump on the engine. Use a Toyota MR2 electric pump with a controller sold by Crash, a vendor on this site.
    For the Alternator, just use as listed above,
    12578550 Bracket-Generator
    25766345 Generator

I'll look for the proper belt numbers and pigtail connector and get back to you tomorrow.
    Last edited by Roger Reid; 12-27-2016 at 12:37 AM.
    Just an old man with a great hobby

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Roger. If you can give me the belt part number I would appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no room for a belt drive PS pump. The MR2 pump fits neatly up in the front left corner just behind the metal air dam and you can use a mustang PS rack. The MR2 set-up is self contained with pump reservoir and electronics. new it is about $800 and used a good one is $300-400. With the controller kit that turns the pump off when above about 10 MPH it turns on and off seamlessly making the car easy to park. Now with that said, mine has power steering with this set-up. Something broke in the electronics on the pump this past summer. I drove it doe a couple of weeks before replacing the pump assembly. The car is so light that is steers fine with the PS set-up. I would not spend the money or effort to add power steering to the car. You can likely save about 25 lbs without it and when the car is moving, you can't tell much difference.
    Michael

GTM 240

Post Thanks / Like
    Waking up from the past... has anyone used the AC side of things on their GTM, from the CTSV partslist? If so what motor? LS1/2/3/6/7?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Dirty Dingo low mount on my ls3. I do also have the CTS-V alternator low mounted on the other (driver's) side.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post409854
    Last edited by beeman; 10-29-2020 at 07:19 PM.
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve got just the CTSV alternator setup on my LS3 with a stock AC compressor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have a brand new CTS-V low mount alternator bracket if interested. What ever the GM Discounted price is I’ll cut in half plus cost of shipping.