Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Manifold swap anyone ?

Post Thanks / Like

Manifold swap anyone ?

Have been following a lot of builds, impressed with what others have done. Still in the process of cleaning/painting/powder coating my donor parts, stockpiling things as I go. Hope to have my "C" next year at this time.

Has anyone done a NA manifold swap on their motor ? Reading a lot of the NASIOC forums I have seen the reverse mounted NA manifold. It flows better than numerous "big" name aftermarket ones.
    The big question (as I cant obviously go out and look at the fitment issue) is "does it work"?
    I will only guess that you would need to run a AWIC set up versus a top mount.
    I have an ej207 and will be running a Megasquirt to manage it.

Only piece I have custom made so far is a gauge pod conversion. Gutted the stock pod, using the backing, face plate and cover over a SpeedHut set up (gps speedo, tach and dual temp/gas unit, using bottom window for indicator lights).

Forum results latest post was 2012, off subject but my son said "lambo doors would be cool" http://www.scissor-doors.com/lambo-doors/ Anyone tackle this ?

Thanks for the input, be safe & have a Merry Christmas.
    "E"

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't comment much on this other then it be a it hard to get piping done for a set up like this. It's a bit tight up in the front of the engine area.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have the na manifold it fits fine no differrent than stock
    i maybe selling the manifold, spacers and fuel rails if your really interested pm me

Post Thanks / Like
    you can use the manifold, just can't run it reverse. JDM version has no tgv to delete, can't remember if all USDM one's have TGVs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 305mouse View Post
    just can't run it reverse. JDM version has no tgv to delete.
    Cant mount in reverse due to space ? I see the TVG delete is a mod a lot recommend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Reversing the manifold on Subaru's is done for big power builds as a way to get a more direct path for FMIC setups. It would have the opposite result on an 818, making the piping more complicated and have more restrictions.

ZpXXYcM.jpg

The NA long runner manifold flows the best out of any of the OEM manifolds and almost as well as the Cosworth (shown above). However, it's a bit complicated to adapt to the turbo cars, you have to close some ports, move some things etc. A quality aftermarket TGV delete will accomplish the same results and unless you're making north of 600whp you won't really see a benefit to an aftermarket manifold.
    Owner/builder - AEM Intakes 818R #85

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SixStar View Post
    It would have the opposite result on an 818, making the piping more complicated and have more restrictions.
    A quality aftermarket TGV delete will accomplish the same results and unless you're making north of 600whp you won't really see a benefit to an aftermarket manifold.
    Thanks, the answer I was looking for.
    Is mouse correct < teh ej207 has no TGV to delete ? my engine is buried under my MKII body at this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeepr View Post
    Thanks, the answer I was looking for.
    Is mouse correct < teh ej207 has no TGV to delete ? my engine is buried under my MKII body at this time.
    That is correct.
    Owner/builder - AEM Intakes 818R #85

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, just port to match the gasket and call it a day.