BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wiring Harness for 4.6 with EFI

Post Thanks / Like

Wiring Harness for 4.6 with EFI

MK4 Complete kit. Has anyone used a 4.6 DOHC with EFI? What did you do for the EFI wiring harness? FFR does not carry one. Did you use the donor car's complete wiring or marry the undere hood wiring to the kit harness? THX

Post Thanks / Like
    I am installing a 98 Cobra 4.6 DOHC but have not gotten to installing the wiring yet so can't comment in detail. I had Art Cuesta (Wirediet.com) diet the donor engine and ECU harnesses and purchased the Ron Francis chassis harness from FFR to tie it altogether. I researched this thoroughly and this alternative seems the easiest and cleanest way to go.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Art Cuesta modified my donor harness and ECU to my wishes and provided a chassis harness to complete the package. My engine started on the first attempt and has provided flawless performance since.
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also using close to installing a 1996 cobra engine and purchased the complete Ron Francis wiring harness from Factory five with my kit. I was assuming that is all I would need. Is that not the case?

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on your skill level, you could modify the donor harness and use as is along with the Ron Francis chassis harness. My experience has been that you will end up with a ball of spaghetti in the engine bay if you try to use the donor harness as is. Having someone modify (diet) your harness will make for a clean looking engine bay with only the wiring you want/need. Next step for you may be to contact FFR tech support and clarify what the Ron Francis will get you and then go from there.
    Mark IV -- 04 Mach1 Donor -- 4.6 DOHC -- TKO 600 -- 3:55 Gears -- 3 Link - Hydroboost PS & PB -- 13" PBR's Front & 11.65's Rear -- Cuesta Wiring -- Thompson Signals -- FFR Radiator, heater, wipers, and catalytic converters -- Metco DS safety loop -- Forte 7/8" front bar -- VPM 3/4" rear bar -- Champ road race pan -- Corbeau A4 Seats -- Nitto NT-05's on 17 x 9's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im only going with a 4.6 2v but after some research i went with the holley HP EFI only about 500 more and i can tune it. Any injector or power adder bought it on sale 20% off right now, plug and play .Also lose the MAF which is a plus IMHO. Just set your Target AF ratio and go self tuning all for under 2 grand .I went with the NTK wideband as it has been my experience the bosch is not near as reliable https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...parts/550-617N
    Last edited by bobbybuick; 12-29-2016 at 05:23 PM.

Tech Support, FFR Courtnie Provencher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys, just a quick heads up. We do not have an EFI harness for the 4.6L engine. However, Ron Francis does have options that will work for you. You can either send in the entire harness from your donor car, and they will dissect the harness down to just what you need to connect into the Chassis Harness we give you. Or you can call and order an EFI harness from them directly for the 4.6L engine. Option one will save you some money, option two will save you some time. Just a few suggestions.
    Courtnie Provencher
    Factory Five Tech Sales & Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky2009 View Post
    MK4 Complete kit. Has anyone used a 4.6 DOHC with EFI? What did you do for the EFI wiring harness? FFR does not carry one. Did you use the donor car's complete wiring or marry the undere hood wiring to the kit harness? THX
    I am in contact with Chuck Fields, dba [email protected]", for my MkIII 4.6L DOHC (Sean Hyland Motorsports punched to 5.0L)project. He is very knowledgeable, and prices reasonable.

John Morrison

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Courtnie, Thanks for the info. I spoke with Ron Francis today and they do not dissect your old wire harness anymore but they do have a solution that you can purchase. Thanks again for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I'm changing directs. I've decided to order a crate Coyote engine and TKO-600 trans. Also ordered the Ford racing wiring harness, including ECU & Trans Harness. Not sure how to tie this to the FFR harness. I ordered the complete MK4 kit. Any recommendations on how to proceed?
    Thanks
    David