BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Another one from Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Another one from Texas

I'm Tim Sapp from Frisco Texas and while I have been a member of the forum for a while I had mostly just been reading and looking at photos. I have always LOVED the 34 Ford and would consider it my dream car. So when I saw the 33 Hot Rod being built on one of the TV shows I started reading up on it more and more. It's close enough to the 34 that for me it was a non-event. I have been in the process of gathering parts and getting ready to do a frame off a 76 Corvette Stingray that I have owned for a few years. My wife asked me one day why I was going to spend the money and time rebuilding the Vette when the 33/34 Ford is the car that I really want. She's pretty smart like that! So I have sold the 76 Vette and we pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered the 33 Hot Rod Stage 1 kit last night. I was going to order it all later, like Q1 of 2017, but the discounted sale price ends before the end of the year and I could not ignore getting the $1,000 off.

So before anyone states I should have bought the whole kit and not in stages I do have a plan for that. I will be ordering Stage 2 before things get to far along. But I don't really want the body around for longer than it needs to, plus I have a donor car that will be in the garage too. I will be pulling the engine\transmission and then stripping and selling it's parts. While it is a three car garage I am also going to need storage space for all the parts too.

So I actually have two motors and transmissions for the 33. A couple years ago my dad gave me a 454 Chevy out of a 73 GMC Pickup that he was pulling apart. He scrapped the body\frame and when you do that you have to give them the title for the vehicle. So without having a title for the truck or any kind of proof of where the motor came from I am worried about getting it registered with that motor. I have read at least one story where the owner had to go to the DMV and pull and leave the motor because it was apparently stolen and put into his donor car. So that motor is sitting on the engine stand for now. The second motor is from a "donor" car that I have owned for 11 or 12 years now which is an 89 Corvette. The Vette is providing me with a Gen 1 SBC 350 and the 700R4 transmission. I will be replacing the L98s alien face huger fuel system with a nice aluminum intake and carb for now but may opt for something injected later.

So anyhow, I am sure I will be hanging out in the Hot Rod section most of the time but I may wander into the other sections from time to time.

See y'all with a wrench later.

Tim Sapp
    Frisco, TX

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome To The Club!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the '33HR guys, I started late January 2014 and now can see the end in sight. Here are a few shots, I have an album started at my site.

Hood and side panels fitted.JPGInterior 1.JPGTrunk Carpet Installed.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Tim I'm right behind you, but I'm (hoping) and holding out for a 50/50 sale from FFR. I'm in Haslet. Good luck!