Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2006 WRX wagon/ Saabaru

Post Thanks / Like

2006 WRX wagon/ Saabaru

I found a 2006 Saab 9.2x Aero with 140k miles. The body looks a bit rough. The interior looks well "used". The wheels have some crappy plastidip/rattle can on them. Auto trans. It's an hour and a half from me.

Owner claims engine was rebuilt at 90k, and now needs a water pump.

This car looks pretty thrashed, but less than a lot of the fan boy cars around here.

KBB/NADA call it a $4500 car. He's asking $5000. I'd need a water pump (trivial) and a manual trans (less trivial).

Is $4500 out of line for a donor? What does the forum experience think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer, one of the rarest and most sought after 'Subarus' and it's going for parts.

Fun fact; they only made 75 in 2006 in turbo (Aero) and manual.
    Owner/builder - AEM Intakes 818R #85

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say the manuals of this year go for 7-9k and the autos for 4-5k so he is at the high end but not out of line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only 75, no kidding? I got one in my garage. Showed up tonight. Check out the "talk some sense into me" thread in a few minutes....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomacncheese View Post
    Only 75, no kidding? I got one in my garage. Showed up tonight. Check out the "talk some sense into me" thread in a few minutes....
    Yeah, I can't seem to find a $900 donor like you got. I tried copart, and that didn't go well at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to bid much higher. Just didn't have to. Got really lucky. Looks like the timing belt is trashed so I won't be able to get it running before pulling it, but the amount of money I saved will completely pay for the rebuild, which was already in the budget anyway. For what I paid, I can't complain at all. Now, try to give away one of my workbenches on Facebook so I can go start pulling this thing apart.

Post Thanks / Like
    This car is still available.
    Owners says it needs a water pump (but is vague about how/why he knows this). I don't know if it over heated/blew gasket(s)/blew head(s). He says it runs. I haven't seen it yet.

What would be a "I feel good about this" price in your opinions?

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    It smells. I would ask him to fix water pump and get it running so u can drive and do a compression check. Only way to justify price he is asking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Believe it or not, they are still trying to sell this car. They called me with a price I could stomach. I'm going to see it either tomorrow or this weekend.
    A compression test is high on the list of things to look at.

I may finally be moving forward, after a number of Copart and IAAI misfires.