Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Did I read somewhere that there is an 818 with a corvette suspension?

Post Thanks / Like

Did I read somewhere that there is an 818 with a corvette suspension?

I think I read a post by Lance Corsi that he has a corvette suspended 818? Is this true or was I dreaming? Is it documented anywhere? I did not find a build thread. I think I read V8 engine too......this seemed unlikely to me at the time and I figured he must have meant GTM not 818.

I'll try to find the post again. It might have been in the 'How to build a great 818' thread.

-Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, lance corsi wrote he has a Corvette suspension but I didn't see that he has a V8.
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ld-a-great-818
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    I can verify that lance has corvette front suspension installed.
    He is using a Subaru engine.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I read the same thing including the V8 but cannot find it now. I thought he was on the wrong forum and was building a GTM.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Both front and rear suspension are from a c4 vette. Rear suspension has been heavily modified. Presently a 5 link. Subie 2 L turbo motor, plus lots of other mods. I'll post everything after I'm finished, just wanted everyone to know that it is possible, because I have read some really horrible things about the FFR setup with bump steer, etc. BTW, I made my own sway bars too.

Post Thanks / Like
    pics or it didnt happen.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I love people pioneering new parts and ideas. It's funny how some of us, like me and Frank, want to share every step including our fails, while others prefer to not reveal anything until it's perfected. Maybe it's because some of us are making it all up as we go and counting on you guys to find faults in our design.

What was the reason behind changing the rear suspension?
    Adam _____ Instagram @PopesProjects____ YouTube Channel
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017
    Registered 10/25/2019 BRAP818

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian818 View Post
    I love people pioneering new parts and ideas. It's funny how some of us, like me and Frank, want to share every step including our fails, while others prefer to not reveal anything until it's perfected. Maybe it's because some of us are making it all up as we go and counting on you guys to find faults in our design.

What was the reason behind changing the rear suspension?
    Well, I am not too good with the computer, so Bob n Cincy has been my poster. I send him pics every now and then. As for changing rear suspension setup, I wanted to keep everything simple for ordering parts in the future. Believe me, it did happen!
    As for not posting as I go, I really didn't want anybody's input on my project. I think some ppl can understand that. When finished, I will post a complete and thorough build thread.
    Now, for the person who thought I had a v8, notice how I've taken control of your brain!
    Vvvvv 88888!

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I see why you would think I had a v8. I said that I have a "SBC" dual pass radiator. It is a drop-in replacement radiator for a small block Chevy motor, not the motor. Sorry. I should have said it differently.

Post Thanks / Like
    The SBC is what I saw the first read through....then I read the dual pass radiator part, not being careful enough while reading!

I look forward to seeing your creation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some pictures of Lance's corvette suspension.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...l=1#post262890
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very curious how you copied over the locations of the inboard pick-up points from the Corvette. I'm always looking for clever ways of home-brew reverse engineering.

Yes, I love Technology
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd definitely like to see how Lance worked through this too.

I've just finished "copying" a 2007 JDM Legacy suspension into my 818S project. I'll be posting pictures on my project on how I did it probably this weekend in 'Art's 818 build'.