Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: SB100 "proof of ownership of major assemblies"

Post Thanks / Like

SB100 "proof of ownership of major assemblies"

About to buy a 70% complete 818S. Ready to seal the deal, but I need to clear up one thing before paying the seller. I cant figure it out after hours researching.

The seller bought the donor car December 2017 from a salvage yard in Colorado when he lived in Colorado. He has a Colorado salvage title that shows the car reassigned to him, but he never turned it in to DMV to have a new title issued in his name. There is a spot on the title for another reassignment, but only by a dealer, so this title has no way for a private party like the seller to reassign to me. As part of the sale, I asked him to try and get a salvage title issued in his name that he could sign over to me. He tried. He now lives in Alabama and Colorado DMV told him to get a salvage title from Alabama. Alabama will not issue a new salvage title if one already exist. Alabama required reassignment from the Colorado title, but only a dealer can do it on this particular title. We are stuck.

Seller has all the bill of sale tracking the donor car, but the title paper trail ends at him never sending in to the Colorado DMV the title that was reassigned to him by the salvage yard so that he could get a title in his name.

Question: Can I get an SB100 with only the bill of sale paper trail from the donor car and not the title?

I quick answer would be most apricated as the transaction hangs on the answer.

Thanks

Dave

Update - Resolved. Seller figured out how to get the donor car title officially in his name (it's a long story).
    Last edited by Dave 53; 06-30-2020 at 11:52 AM.