Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Moochfest is On! Donuts, Not Pizza

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Moochfest is On! Donuts, Not Pizza

Rob Baker drove his Roadster to Moochfest last year as temps were dropping from the mid-20's to single digits.

Ok, so Moochfest is back on the schedule for Saturday, February 18th!

Last month, I decided that we wouldn't be able to have Moochfest this year with so many things going on at the same time. Turns out that Honey Badger will have the truck back in a few days, and so even though I had decided against Moochfest this year, I figured we would open up the building and show off these cars that the west coast has already seen at SEMA, Barrett-Jackson, and the Grand National Roadster Show.

I spent five days in SoCal and answered a lot of questions about the new Gen 3 Coupe (which was supposed to be at the Grand National Roadster Show, but was delayed at Edlebrock for tuning) and the steel body '33 Hot Rod. I realized that the cars have been out west for essentially the last three months. Jeff Miller, a.k.a. Batman, did an absolutely beautiful patina paint job on the '33 and I really want to show it off.

Maybe this year we'll save some money and provide donuts instead of pizza... I'll have full details on our website shortly.
    Last edited by Dave Smith; 02-03-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The annual winter tradition of Moochfest is back! It was only 14 years ago that I found myself hanging out on a Saturday morning with a handful of Factory Five customers when someone mentioned that it was Valentine’s Day and here we were talking cars. I guess since I was hosting, the guys figured I could at least buy them some pizza. And so this winter tradition of Moochfest began.

With our cars and show & event truck out west almost since SEMA, the west coast customers have had a chance to get a good look at our all-new Gen 3 Daytona Coupe and also our all-new steel body ’33 Hot Rod. After SEMA, we attended the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ and then the following weekend, we went to the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona, CA.

The good news is the truck will be back this weekend in time for a modest get-together on February 18th… so, if you want to get a good look at the new Coupe and the all-steel ’33, they will be here for the Moochfest which is back on.

The event is open to everyone, there is no registration needed, and all you have to do is show-up! We’ll have donuts this year instead of pizza. This event is a great time to start planning for spring. I look forward to seeing you here at Factory Five!

The steel body ’33 Hot Rod (right) was built at the 2017 Barrett-Jackson auction and debuted at the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona, CA. It will make it’s east coast debut at the Moochfest.

Factory Five customer Karen Salvaggio helped the Factory Five crew at the Barrett-Jackson show and is building her own Gen 3 Daytona Coupe. This car will be at the Moochfest.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, what are the hours that day? I'll be in Boston for another event but it lasts until 5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Campbell View Post
    Wow, what are the hours that day? I'll be in Boston for another event but it lasts until 5.
    9am-noon
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Gen3 Type65 Coupe R, Street legal.***
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Challenge Car rolling chassis, Street legal.***
    http://johngeorgeracing.com

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out the all-new Gen 3 Coupe at Factory Five tomorrow from 9 am to noon. Free donuts!

Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I could be there. I always seem to miss it by a week or 2 every time I am up that way.