Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Countdown to Barrett-Jackson Live Build Factory Five '33 Hot Rod

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Countdown to Barrett-Jackson Live Build Factory Five '33 Hot Rod

Join us at Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale, AZ for the Factory Five '33 Live Build! Our crew and customers will be building a steel-bodied '33 Hot Rod during the week-long Barrett-Jackson car auction event. We will be in the DIY area and all are welcome!

This isn't the first time we've done something like this, and it's always a ton of fun. Back in 1996, we did a one-day Cobra replica build at a customer's house in Mission Viejo, CA. Since then, we've done a two-day build Hot Rod with Car Warriors TV Show, a five-day build with PowerNation TV, and also a five-day build with Hot Rod Magazine!

We're doing it again, and this time with our brand-new all-steel '33 Hot Rod. We'll bring you live reports from the show if you can't attend, but if you're at the Barrett-Jackson auction, feel free to come on by and maybe even lend a hand. The build begins on Saturday, January 14th. After the Barrett-Jackson show, the car will be displayed at the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona, CA on January 27, 28, and 29.

Click here for more information on the Barrett-Jackson auction.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't make Barrett-Jackson but will see you all at the Grand Nationals in Pomona.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Luck Dave and crew. Tony said you had way more than enough help so I'll be watching from the couch on this one.

stack
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there probably every day. Tony said he has the build crew lined up but I'm eager to help in any way at the build or the show booth. I'm working on warm sunny weather for next week.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).