FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Turn signals won't flash

Post Thanks / Like

Turn signals won't flash

I'm building my Mk4 with the provided wire harness from factory five. All the electrical works fine, except the turn signals and hazards. I tested the electrical connections by temporarily attaching a light to the individual lighting wires with alligator clips. The connection is properly grounded. When I hit the turn indicator switch, the correct wire is electrified, however the test light is dimmer than normal and will not flash. Same result when I attach the test light to the hazard wire and hit the switch. This is my first time building a car, and lack the knowledge to understand what the issue could be. What am I missing here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Put bulbs into all the sockets - the flashers typically need a full load to work. You can also put a voltmeter across the wires and an ammeter inline - check you have the correct voltage and amps going through.
    Last edited by Paparazzi; 01-11-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    FFR6243RD, MkIII, 3.55, IRS, pin-drive width, carb'd 351W, T5, 1/2 dropped butt, Fortes hydraulic clutch, deep dish AC-III wheels by Team III. 9 year build; NY registered 7/18/2016 - "Sweet 16" winner at 2016 Taconic State Nationals 5 days later ... in 'rough as hell' gel coat for the foreseeable future! Build Blog - Leave me a comment!

Register your car with the Factory Five Cars Rule! mobile app available from the app store

Post Thanks / Like
    I will give that a shot. Thanks