Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New member from Florida

Post Thanks / Like

New member from Florida

Hello all! New guy with a ton of questions and here to learn everything I can. Been lurking for a little while which only made me want to join and build one more. The community here is amazing! I guess you'd say I'm in the preplanning phase because a kit is a little way out, but I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I start. The girlfriend/fiancée/wife is even in for the build. This should be a fun ride! Thank you all in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, you're in the right place. Lot's of knowledge here. I'm probably about 2 weeks away from ordering.
    JR

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the madness. I'm in Port Charlotte if you're close.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both. I'm actually jealous of you jrcuz, good luck with your build sir. Cobra Dude, I'm a little outside Tampa up north of you. Good to know there's at least one person nearish!

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. I am up in Alachua, FL. Feel free to ask any questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet! Thank you wallace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard. Which kit are you interested in building?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely the Roadster, but I've been drooling over all the cars for years. I'm still trying to figure out how we would use the car, other than just cruising around. I want to get in to some track days at least, and there's enough aftermarket support and owner experience for the Roadster to make weekend trips more comfortable and viable. Finding a way to balance those wants should be fun. Good thing I'm looking for a hobby to take up most of my time and money.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Drive It Daily Like Factory Five Legend Mr. Ralph Button Does!

https://youtu.be/bZX5_op_k1I

He's logged over 500,000 miles on his Roadster and he's still going strong from what I understand.

Welcome To The Forum!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-13-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a beautiful thing isn't it? I can only hope to come close to that amount of mileage. I do know a few trips to the Keys are going to happen at the very least. Deals Gap isn't too far either. Plenty of places to drive to, get out and high five a stop sign, turn around and go home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rooster Dyslexic, you have a girlfriend, fiancée and a wife? I suggest you dump one of those since you'll need time and money for the build. Just saying.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We have an event coming up on 1/29 near Tampa. Check out Deep South Cobra Club for details. You'll be able to meet many of us from the area and see quite a few cars.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww c'mon AZPete, I was shooting for the scumbag build. "Hey babe, can I get eight hundie for this sweet gauge set? Promise I'll let you drive it." I was just trying to spread the costs around. But for real, my head whipped around so quickly when sne said "Yeah, we can build a car", I almost gave myself whiplash. What do you do when a woman says that? You marry her.

Cobra Dude, thank you for the invite and club info. I may not be able to make it to that event, but soon enough I'll be the annoying guy that shows up with the wrong car, a massive amount of questions, and a big old idiot grin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you even start? This is bewildering. I have a vague idea of the car in my head, a kind of modernized classic, but man. I know I have a huge amount of learning to do, but the ONLY thing I've been able to narrow down is the kit. I want a Mk4, but the way things are going I'll probably end up with a Mk6. This is sooo interesting and fun. It's making my brain hurt a little though. I'm so impressed. I have no idea how you guys do it, but I'm amazed that you do.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexic Rooster View Post
    Where do you even start? This is bewildering. I have a vague idea of the car in my head, a kind of modernized classic, but man. I know I have a huge amount of learning to do, but the ONLY thing I've been able to narrow down is the kit. I want a Mk4, but the way things are going I'll probably end up with a Mk6. This is sooo interesting and fun. It's making my brain hurt a little though. I'm so impressed. I have no idea how you guys do it, but I'm amazed that you do.
    If you need to bounce some ideas off of someone give me a call. I have built 7 FFR kits so far I may be of some help. I sent you a PM with my phone #. TW

Post Thanks / Like
    Wallace18, thank you so much. I really seem to be going in circles on the engine/tranny and brakes. I'm not looking for pavement rippling power, but I want a fair amount. A six speed with overdrive for touring would be nice. And I really want to make sure I bring enough woah pedal for the go pedal. So far, the only things I've been able to settle on are dual roll bars and A/C and heat. Probably power steering and brakes, because if she's going to be in on the build, she should be able to enjoy driving it, and she's a little thing. Getting to the budget planning is proving how little I know. I really want to learn so much more. Good thing I still have a few years before the midlife crisis huh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rooster, I grew up in Port Richey and spent a LOT of time working in Tampa/Temple Terrace. Gunn Highway ought to be fun in anything Factory Five. Welcome. I'll be sure to look you up next time I visit my pops out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha! Sweet. I'm in Oldsmar. Founded by R. E. Olds for any Oldsmobile fans out there. Lived in Port Richey for a while too. You're right Gunn Highway would be fun, and so would a few trips through Patterson road. Actually the whole car conversation started for us driving home from USF on the backroads through Odessa.
    Last edited by Dyslexic Rooster; 01-18-2017 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Spelling