Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mirrors

Post Thanks / Like

Mirrors

How do I install the side and rear view mirrors on a 33 HR. I want to use them with the top on and off. Looking at the FFR mirrors that came with the kit, they seem mount very low on the body between the door and the side panel. This seems to low to do any good.

Thank you for any help or pictures, Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Do yourself a favor, Larry, and toss the Chinese FFR L & R mirrors into the bin! Then buy a set of Hagan Fatties like many here have done!
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kraftee View Post
    Do yourself a favor, Larry, and toss the Chinese FFR L & R mirrors into the bin! Then buy a set of Hagan Fatties like many here have done!
    That wasn't very helpful, Kraftee. I am asking the same question and I would appreciate some positive feedback rather than more snide remarks about the Chinese and FFRs use of the cheapest products they can find. Some folks don't have $200 to spend on mirrors. That doesn't make them bad people any more than it makes you special because you can afford these mirrors.
    Larry, have you looked at the gallery on thd forum? You can see seversl options there. Please reply with your final decision. Good luck.
    Tom

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom,
    My comment wasn't meant to be a "snide remark". Quite frankly, I think that quality mirrors are a very important safety item on a car that is difficult to see out of, like the 33. The mirrors that come with the kit are indeed CHINESE JUNK. That's a fact. If that offends you, well I am sorry. Having mirrors that allow you to pass safely SHOULD be a high priority with any builder. I think that $200 is a pretty low price to pay for the peace of mind and driving safety that the Hagan mirrors give you. Saving $200 on a major safety item for a $30K+ kit car? Just seems like there might be better places to cut corners.

Finally, who made you the post police? I posted what I feel is the best advice relative to the question asked. I don't need you to chastise me for being snide or tell me that I think I'm somehow "special" because I can "afford these mirrors." If the question had been, "What gas tank should I go with?" Would you jump all over someone posting that the Boyd tank was the only way to go? It's a hell of a lot more than $200. Fact is, there are LOTS of places on these cars where fairly pricey aftermarket equipment should be used. Everybody spends their budget where they think it gets them the most bang for the buck, or safety, or performance, or looks or whatever. That's what makes each car unique.

Eric
    Last edited by kraftee; 01-21-2017 at 09:04 AM.
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."