Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: "Other Forum" Issues?

Post Thanks / Like

"Other Forum" Issues?

It looks like I may be off FF Cars for good. I have occasionally had issues with pages loading that I believe is script related. Two days ago I started getting pages that would just be blank when I tried to go there. Now the entire site is blank for me. No issues anywhere else with any other forum or website, so it looks like it is FFCs problem. I'm gonna miss Shane and X bickering in the Pub.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    that forum has been more difficult to navigate and post on from the get go for me, always having problems with permissions to post or view attachments. I wish they would all just migrate over here lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I go to both forums several times a day. I haven't noticed any issues on the other forum.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll get script errors about 25% of the time if I look while I'm at work using Firefox. I haven't noticed it on Chrome while on my personal computer. It seems to be more frequent errors in the past two months, but I still appreciate comments from people who post there and not here so I'll be on both for now.
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Either way the GTM section on both forums are slow. I know it won't happen but the truth is there isn't enough activity on both forums to warrant the split.

Post Thanks / Like
    No issues here running chrome on multiple PCs. If you are running a dated version of windows or IE you may have issues. MS updated accepted encryption keys back in July.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Either way the GTM section on both forums are slow."

Chances are that the issue has something to do with how your computer is loading pages. If you can, run something like wire-shark to see what the delays are. As the other forum runs a lot of advertising, that would slow the page loading.

Post Thanks / Like
    No issues for me on 3 different devices.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry for the confusion with my description, I don't mean the sites are slow as in pages loading, I meant as in they are slow as far as new updates and forum members posting. That's not a hit on the forum or its members at all. Its just what happens when there are 500 of these cars ever made and maybe half of those on the road. Hence the second half of my last post....... theres not enough activity to warrant two different sections for the GTM. I wish we could consolidate them but I do understand they are Factory Five forums and not GTM forums and that they have other sections and probably only the GTM sections are slow due to our......exclusiveness

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker298 View Post
    sorry for the confusion with my description, I don't mean the sites are slow as in pages loading, I meant as in they are slow as far as new updates and forum members posting. That's not a hit on the forum or its members at all. Its just what happens when there are 500 of these cars ever made and maybe half of those on the road. Hence the second half of my last post....... theres not enough activity to warrant two different sections for the GTM. I wish we could consolidate them but I do understand they are Factory Five forums and not GTM forums and that they have other sections and probably only the GTM sections are slow due to our......exclusiveness
    have to a agree with you tucker298, they are selling the GTMs just not that many of them as well as builders posting updates. I have to admit that I am at fault for part of that as well but do plan on keeping my build updated here.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    While I don't visit that forum anymore, some other sites owned by the same company have been having similar issues. You go to the page and it starts to load, then goes completely blank.

Try opening in another browser. I don't know why, but when I opened the site with Edge it worked fine, but afterword it began working in IE as well.

I miss some of the guys over there, but not enough to ever consider using their site again.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, not much traffic over there right now. I'm wondering if it's just because it's the off-season. Site appears to be functioning well for me, but it drives me nuts that you have to have a 45 character encrypted password. I actually have no idea what my password is over there now, I just saved it in the browsers.
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I was having the same problem, begins to load then blank white page.

I open the site in another browser and requested a new password.

I got it and it all works fine now in the original browser.

George

Yes, I love Technology
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most WEB users know this but don't forget to try clearing history in the browser settings/tools. Cache can keep pages and try to load them - if they are stale or invalid as a result of changes, you have problems like this. Creating a new account - may cause the browser to not be able to find the cache pages if you didn't clear them, and so it loads new pages instead of cache - makes it look like the problem was on the WEB server when it could be your end - cache goofy compared to Server side info. Just a thought, but has worked for me for years with a number of WEB sites / issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aquillen View Post
    Most WEB users know this but don't forget to try clearing history in the browser settings/tools. Cache can keep pages and try to load them - if they are stale or invalid as a result of changes, you have problems like this. Creating a new account - may cause the browser to not be able to find the cache pages if you didn't clear them, and so it loads new pages instead of cache - makes it look like the problem was on the WEB server when it could be your end - cache goofy compared to Server side info. Just a thought, but has worked for me for years with a number of WEB sites / issues.
    No doubt that is good advice and that's what I thought the issue was here, but for this particular issue I did clear all history, cookies, temp files, etc. and no help. I have no idea why or how opening in a different browser fixes the issue in IE. Makes no sense to me but it seems to work.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wish we supported tapatalk here like they do. makes following threads so much easier on my phone.. I've send offers to help whoever runs this place get it working but never got a reply..

Post Thanks / Like
    The only time I've had it load a blank page is on my phone. I've never had it do that on my PC....both running Chrome.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had a repeat of the same issue on another forum (1130cc.com) owned by the same company. Once again I logged onto the forum with Edge and the issue went away with IE. I'm certainly no expert, but this has to be an issue with the current software version being used by the site owners.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the issue I was having...it would load, and even load the front page most of the time, then when I clicked on a specific page the header would load and even the page for about 1 second, then go blank. Restarted IE, cleared cache, no resolution. Seems like something got fixed over the long weekend as I was just on there and it is all working again.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    That's the issue I was having...it would load, and even load the front page most of the time, then when I clicked on a specific page the header would load and even the page for about 1 second, then go blank. Restarted IE, cleared cache, no resolution. Seems like something got fixed over the long weekend as I was just on there and it is all working again.
    Mike,

I had the same issue and it seems to have fixed itself over the weekend as well.
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/

Post Thanks / Like
    "White out" again about every 1 in 5 page loads. Cleared cache and cookies and still has the issue.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    "White out" again about every 1 in 5 page loads. Cleared cache and cookies and still has the issue.
    When you get this, have you tried right-clicking and seeing if there is any source code? If you see source code it could be a formatting (html, php, etc.) issue...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would tell you if I could even get the site to load at this point. Nothing at all right now. Just an hourglass whenever I try and load the page.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I see the issue now too. Definitely an issue on the server end of things.