Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mk IV Anniversary/ Breeze Question

Post Thanks / Like

Mk IV Anniversary/ Breeze Question

I ordered the upper Breeze radiator mount/ piano hinge. It did not come with any suggestions on mounting. I have been scanning the pics on similar builds and found a few,
    WarEagleScott.
    Can someone give me a link to a detailed installation/pics?
    I did see where Scott had to cut off some FFR mounts to let the rad hinge. I am not looking forward to doing that. I am sure I could figure it out, but would rather get it right on the first round.

thanks,
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    I ordered the upper Breeze radiator mount/ piano hinge. It did not come with any suggestions on mounting. I have been scanning the pics on similar builds and found a few,
    WarEagleScott.
    Can someone give me a link to a detailed installation/pics?
    I did see where Scott had to cut off some FFR mounts to let the rad hinge. I am not looking forward to doing that. I am sure I could figure it out, but would rather get it right on the first round.

thanks,
    It was quite easy cutting those off. You really have no other option to get it to fit correctly. Otherwise the hinge won't fit correctly. If you have concerns call Mark at Breeze. He is really great at answering questions and supporting his products.
    When mounting the radiator to that hinge I was stupid and had the radiator upside down. So now I have mounted it twice. Don't follow my lead and get it right the first time!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    You didn't receive instructions from Mark at Breeze? His installation instructions are very detailed and thorough. Some of the best I've seen. Contact him directly, either email or call, and I'm sure he would get them to you.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help. I ran off a pic of Scott's Install and will call Breeze.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    X2 on getting the instructions from Mark. That guy is top notch!

Not sure how helpful it is, but here are a couple of posts from my build log. Cutting the tabs was quick work.
    I used nutserts to attach the hinge to the top frame rail and I riveted the hinge to the radiator top.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...tor#post218121
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...tor#post239112

Post Thanks / Like
    Rus,
    Thanks, good info. Photo's do the job for me. I need to read your complete build thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the instructions and just as edwardb stated, very good and complete. Entirely my fault, I need to spend the day doing some house cleaning.
    As a follow up, I did not order the lower Breeze mount. I have the material to build it myself, but would like to see some pics. Anything, before or after installation.
    Thanks for all the help.