Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR #8,515 - Latest Youtube From The Dark Side - The GoDadGo Chevy Powered MK-4

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

FFR #8,515 - Latest Youtube From The Dark Side - The GoDadGo Chevy Powered MK-4

Hey Gang,

We buttoned up a few more things on the car now that I have a little more time to work on FFR #8,515.
    The next project is installing the radiator, hoses, fan and horn before we can go Go-Karting!
    While I love doing this Dark Side build, it does require some additional time to figure things out.
    Anyway, the attached video was shot late this afternoon.

Steve

https://youtu.be/_wnHDNgnNqs
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-16-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good Dad! FYI, I noticed that you have bulb seal running all the way across the top of the rear cockpit wall---it doesn't go there. Make it like this:

Looking forward to the first start video!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Jeff!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking really good!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoyed the video. Looking good. Looking forward to first start and go cart videos.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Enjoyed the video. Looking good. Looking forward to first start and go cart videos.
    Thanks & I can't wait to see "Stone Soup" rolling around my neighborhood on it's own power.
    I am still contemplating using your stripe layout even though I originally wanted to go ALL RED! like Shelby's CSX-3178, minus the interesting Single Roll Bar.
    If I do it will be Blood Red with Gray Metalic stripes so I'll keep you posted
    As slow as I'm going, I'm sure I have time to contemplate the paint.

CSX-3178 >>> https://youtu.be/imF-_t6UixU
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-16-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good. Will be interested to see how those headers transition to the side pipes. Thanks for the shout out about the stereo. Yea, same Infinity head unit I used, except I put mine in the glovebox.

Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Looking good. Will be interested to see how those headers transition to the side pipes. Thanks for the shout out about the stereo. Yea, same Infinity head unit I used, except I put mine in the glovebox.

Originally, I bought the headers just to do the Engine Fit ($179.00) and Go-Kart Testing, but I really like these things.
    My game plan is to shorten the collectors so that I can get a better angle on the J-Pipes which should be some place between 45-60 degree.
    I have also talked the folks at Spintech and they'll make a custom muffler that will make the transition if I give them the basic shape in inlet & outlet locations.
    Please know that may need to bug you down the road regarding "That Stereo" because I was unsure about the two wire power supply set up.
    I'll send you a Private Message if I have any issues when I power things up.
    Thanks For Checking Out My Progress!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-16-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good! I can't get over how much room you have in the engine bay. Your comment about "going off the Factory Five reservation" got me thinking. I believe that to some degree, everybody ends up customizing. In my experience (which admittedly is pretty limited) we all have to re-engineer to some extent. That's not a complaint. That's part of the challenge. Yours is just a little more radical...
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    Looks good! I can't get over how much room you have in the engine bay. Your comment about "going off the Factory Five reservation" got me thinking. I believe that to some degree, everybody ends up customizing. In my experience (which admittedly is pretty limited) we all have to re-engineer to some extent. That's not a complaint. That's part of the challenge. Yours is just a little more radical...
    Al_C

I agree that everybody on this forum customizes their cars, but I don't think mine is very radical at all, just a different drive line.

My goal has been for Form To Follow Function with the end goal of a fun car that is very dependable and Super Easy To Work On!

I just hope that I can pull it off.

Good Luck With Your Project & Thanks!

Steve