Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kit wait times

Post Thanks / Like

Kit wait times

Greetings,
    I have been lurking around the site learning loads of valuable info on the roadsters. I am getting closer to actually ordering the kit after many years. I was wondering what the ballpark wait times were from when the order is placed to when the kit is ready to ship? They have a decent sale going on now but I am just starting to gather my drive line components and would like to have all of that ready when the kits arrives. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased a complete kit, ordered in mid 2014......late July and it was ready for delivery 20th September. I guess it may depend on how busy FFR at the time?
    FFR MkIV 8419 - Right Hand Drive
    427W with Inglese 8 Stack injection - 560hp
    TKO600 5 Speed, 8.8 Detroit Trutrak LSD IRS
    VPM Adjustable Sway Bars
    Vintage Wheels 17" Pin Drive

Post Thanks / Like
    4-6 weeks.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Ordered Friday before Memorial Day weekend last year and it was delivered June 28.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Just call and ask. Agree somewhere in the 4-6 range is probably about right, but varies by what you're ordering. When you actually order, they will give you the exact production completion date. They are very good about hitting that date. Variables at that point will be what parts are backordered at time of delivery and transportation if you're having it delivered.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I ordered my kit on November 10th, 2014 and it was shipped on January 17th, 2015 and delivered on January 27th.
    Please know that I specifically asked for a delayed delivery date because I did not want, nor would I well tolerate any back ordered items.
    With that said, the kit came in and I only had a handful of items that were not initially shipped.

Those items that were MIA or Back Ordered were as follows:

1. Lemans Gas Cap
    2. Steering Wheel Center Cap
    3. Factory Five Emblem For Steering Wheel Center Cap
    4. Fuel Level Sending Unit

I believe that because I asked for a delayed delivery date and that they make sure that all of the parts were included helped me Avoid the "Back Order Blues!"
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-19-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Order my kit October 31 2016, completion date was set at November 27th. Factory five nailed there completion date as did Stewart transportation. I took delievery December 10. Back orders consisted of my upper steering shaft, front lower control arms, fuel level sending unit, and headlight assemblies. I only have one item remaining a little over a month in. It's the steering shaft and from what I understand it's not an "in house" part so factory five is waiting as well. Good luck and just know one thing.... this forum costs you $$$!

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered on Dec 27 and is scheduled to be complete Jan 21

Tech Support, FFR Courtnie Provencher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good Morning! I'm happy to hear of your interest in our kits. Right now when you place an order the completion dates we have available are only 3-4 weeks out. However, if you would like to take advantage of the current sale, we can delay the completion of your kit a couple of months. Give me a call here at Factory Five, or send me an email and we can discuss this further! My email is [email protected]
    Courtnie Provencher
    Factory Five Tech Sales & Support

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtnie Provencher View Post
    Good Morning! I'm happy to hear of your interest in our kits. Right now when you place an order the completion dates we have available are only 3-4 weeks out. However, if you would like to take advantage of the current sale, we can delay the completion of your kit a couple of months. Give me a call here at Factory Five, or send me an email and we can discuss this further! My email is [email protected]
    This is exactly the scenario I ended up with.

I took advantage of a fantastic sale and asked for a "Delayed Delivery!"

I feel it really helped reduce the "Back Order Blues!"

Also, if the economy picks up, future sales may not be as prevalent or even exist.

NO, I DON'T GET ANY COMMISIONS FROM F.F.R.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dec order Feb delivery. Was ordered during a 50% off sale so it took a bit of extra time.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are having Stewart deliver the kit, they told me to account for a week to 2 weeks from FFR completion date until its delivered.
    That time will vary based on where you are and where their other deliveries are that are in the truck with yours.

GoDadGo, I'm not sure how you can handle a delayed delivery - I can barely control myself with my month wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all for the very helpful information. Courtnie, I will get in touch with you and we can work out the details. Looking forward to jumping into this adventure.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,
    Congratulations on your decision. Just remember your fellow forum members are always happy to help spend your money.
    Doug
    Doug
    FFR 7995
    347 SBF Prestige Mototsports, Moser 8.8 (3.31) 3 Link, TKO 600, Nitto 555s, 17" Halibrands, PS, AC, Heat, Color Redfire Pearl, with Wimbledon White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been guilty of helping others spend their money so I guess it is only fitting for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't matter how long it takes. It is going to feel like forever!! Just go ahead and order it, and we will all help you suffer through the time until delivery. I assure you we all survived, and are better individuals for the suffering!
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan