Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Whipple blown coyote fit questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Whipple blown coyote fit questions.

Hello. I am thinking about (aka, also planning) a hot rod build. A FFR isn't 100% yet, but very high on list as my starting point.

That said, I want to use a coyote with the 2.9L whipple. I have that setup in my 2015 mustang and it runs incredibly well, makes more power than should be legal and drives like stock. The 15+ whipple kit is a front inlet, jack shaft driven setup that fits under the hood of the 15 mustang. It drives off the stock accessory pulley so frame clearance that I've read about is not an issue. It will be backed up with the A6 from 15 and later fords also.

I want to run a hood (I know they make a supercharger specific hood) and side panels. Will it all fit under there? One other build I am considering has lost a lot of ground due to lack of room for coyote width. Oh, I'm not against doing some modifying to make it work, but really want to try to keep the hood flat and smooth and hood sides flat and smooth.

Thanks everyone!
    '33 Hot Rod
    Ordered: 3/25/17. Delivered: 5/6/17. 1st start: 8/24/18

MK4 Roadster
    Ordered: 7/10/13. Delivered: 8/20/13. Completed: 10/26/15.
    I did everything except spray it. She ain't perfect, but she's mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    The narrow frame dictates that the alternator must be moved, this throws a curve at you with respect to using the blower drive as it is, if you want A/C that is another issue. I worked hard on getting air flow with just an intake change, after driving it with everything on like side covers and hood the changes I made appear to have worked and my cooling fan does cycle on and off with a 180 F start-up.Hood Adjusted.JPG PCV Crankcase filter.JPGSCJ Intake 2.JPG

The side ducts are from a 2013 Mustang Boss and the top scoop was needed for intake clearance, by reversing it I got good upper air bleed from under the hood.
    I think you will have drivability issues with a covered engine, that's probably the reason the Hot Rod magazine car was left open.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, don.

Wow that's tight. Glad I chose this over speedstar now cause it's even tighter with LS motor!

So you required the hood to clear your boss intake? Would stock intake have cleared? I'll be using a 15 and later style that sits about 1/3" lower than stock 11-14 to hopefully alleviate hitting the flat hood.

As far as the SC, Theres a pic floating around if one wth open front that has it. I know it'll work, but I want closed engine bay more and slick look so it might get tossed
    '33 Hot Rod
    Ordered: 3/25/17. Delivered: 5/6/17. 1st start: 8/24/18

MK4 Roadster
    Ordered: 7/10/13. Delivered: 8/20/13. Completed: 10/26/15.
    I did everything except spray it. She ain't perfect, but she's mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    The raised hood was ordered after I got the shipment, I thought it would clear and so did FFR but it hit the intake. So then we cut the hood down the middle and covered it by reversing the scoop you see. It worked out well because the hot air rises and flows out the scoop nicely. If you use the stock Coyote intake used on the standard Coyote there will be no problem with a stock hood, its the CJ intake that causes the trouble.