Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front suspension geometry

Post Thanks / Like

Front suspension geometry

All,
    My Gen I GTM will be primarily for track day use. With that in mind, I am making a few suspension modifications, starting at the front. I will probably get adjustable upper control arms to add caster. For now I mounted the upper control arms under the brackets. I only had to modify 2 brackets each side by moving the little gussets to the outside of the control arm mounting bar. My intent was to increase camber gain. If I set camber to zero, I now have:
    -1 3/8 deg on 1" bump
    -3 deg on 2" bump
    +7/8 deg on 1" droop
    +1 7/8 deg on 2" droop
    Does anyone care to comment on this for a track day car? Too much? Too little? I do not have anti sway bars yet but plan to add.

Also as others have noted, I need to correct the bump steer. I would welcome recommendations on a good bump steer kit for the front.

Thanks for your help.

Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Sent you a PM.
    Jeff
    GTM 422, LS6, cam, heads, Mendeola trans

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jeff.
    I found what appears to be most of a FFR bumpsteer kit in the various boxes that came with my basket (b@$t@rd) case. Sleeves in one box, heim joints loose in a box of fasteners, and tapered shafts in a plastic bag in a different box. It looks like one of the previous builders had all the stuff laid out to build the car and then randomly boxed it up. I think I can find the shims and nylocks at McMaster-Carr. Good thing I like a challenge!
    Ken