Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Frame Mods to Type 65 Coupe

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Great work Jake, nice re-route on the headers!

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I take no pleasure in saying it, but the pandemic may be what creates enough free time in life to finish the bodywork, paint this thing and get it on the road. I've been fitting panels here and there as time permits and here's what we have so far. Hood gap is even but the hood needs to come back about 1/16." The driver's door is a little better now than the pictures show, and closes better than those of the old Pontiac sitting next to it. But I need to add a little HSRF to the bottom to tighten up the gap. A reasonable amount of filler is needed to get the hood, cowl and doors to match. The hatch glass is tight in spots but nothing that some sandpaper can't fix. I'm actually looking forward to doing the filler work and giving Slick Sand a try, having never work with that type of product before. I was expecting another nightmare after how much the headers and side pipes needed to be re-fabricated, but this has been pretty easy by comparison.

Panel Fit 2.JPG
    Panel Fit 1.JPG
    Panel Fit 3.JPG
    Panel Fit 4.JPG
    Panel Fit 5.JPG
    Panel Fit 6.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Jacob,

Good to see your back at it. Hopefully you’ll get a lot more done in this “down time”
    Keep posting those updates.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looks really good Jake! I'm stuck doing Home Improvements for now, but as soon as the painting and flooring is finished. Back to the Coupe!!!

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456