Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GTM #4....Lots of questions

Post Thanks / Like

GTM #4....Lots of questions

I just got my hands on GTM Serial #4. The car came with no glass or louvers but looks to be in good shape.

1. Are any glass pieces of the GTM Gen1 Flat? I ask because i know a shop that can make custom flat glass for windshields.
    2. Does anyone still make the rear quarter panel scoops? Maybe I can just make them myself if I have to.
    3. How hard is this car to register in California from scratch?.. I read a few forum posts from early 2008 but nothing recent.
    4. Did the frame tubing size ever increase in diameter from any build or update?
    5. How do people deal with foggy windshields?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some answers; I can't speak to the California one:

1. Are any glass pieces of the GTM Gen1 Flat? I ask because i know a shop that can make custom flat glass for windshields.
    None of the glass is flat - all pieces have compound curves
    2. Does anyone still make the rear quarter panel scoops? Maybe I can just make them myself if I have to.
    Not to my knowledge. Thomas142 on the forum used to make them, but either sold or destroyed his moulds several years ago and haven't heard since.
    3. How hard is this car to register in California from scratch?.. I read a few forum posts from early 2008 but nothing recent.
    Sorry - can't help here.
    4. Did the frame tubing size ever increase in diameter from any build or update?
    Not to my knowledge.
    Many GTMs have the Vintage Air HVAC system installed. Comes with defrost vents that work well (at least in my car)

Hope that helps.

-Michael

GTM #327, LS3, G50/20, Kooks, AC, Ron's Tanks, Crash's 4-port HCV, Shane's Bolts & Plenum & etc., plus a lot of other stuff. Finished November 2013.

Not-up-to-date Build Site: http://rumrunnergtm.weebly.com

Post Thanks / Like
    What Michael said above. I will add:

2. I have the NACA duct panels that install in that location....and the "other" quarter panel scoops may become available again soon.....a plan has been put in motion.

4. No. The only changes that FFR has made to the chassis are some changes to the suspension mounting points for better suspension geometry and they made the suspension mounting tabs thicker so that the cam bolts will tighten properly.....plus a change in the rear subframe where the tail of the transaxle mounts to allow more mounting options (as I understand it).
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazdryk View Post
    I just got my hands on GTM Serial #4. The car came with no glass or louvers but looks to be in good shape.

Registration in California is not that difficult. I registered mine in 2014. You have to register your car under spcns (Special Constructed Vehicle) under SB100. Make sure you have all the receipts and paperwork. You also need to take it to CHP for vin verification and the final place to get inspected is the BAR (California of Automotive Repair) after you get the certificate of sequence from the DMV. After that your car will be smog exempt.