Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Shoulder Harness secured to roll bar

Post Thanks / Like

Shoulder Harness secured to roll bar

I have seen many roasters with the shoulder harness mounted horizontally on the driver side roll bar. I just spend an hour searching on the web site with no hits. Can anyone tell me where to purchase. I have a MKI and I would like to put my harness on the roll bar instead of in the trunk.

Thanks

Mike in Mesa

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks CDX

Post Thanks / Like
    Just make sure that the mounting point of your shoulder belts does not create an angle that will compromise safety. Basically, you want your mounting point to be shoulder height, maybe a tad lower. If the belts are mounted too low, you can end up with spine injuries in a crash. If the belts are mounted too high, they will not hold your body in place during a crash.

Hope that makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about the height of your head but there sure are a lot of parts sticking out of that contraption that could ding/dent your skull. I wouldn't use that w/ a low back seat.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I don't know about the height of your head but there sure are a lot of parts sticking out of that contraption that could ding/dent your skull. I wouldn't use that w/ a low back seat.
    Here's what I did.....100_1937.JPG

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    If you get the Breeze 1-3/4" diameter roll bar kit plus the harness crossbar it looks like this:

It is a clean look and no eyebolts to puncture your skull.
    Harness height is fixed and higher than the stock harness exit from the rear cowl.
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.