Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Current 5mt and plans

Post Thanks / Like

Current 5mt and plans

Well,

For $150, I managed to get a 2017 5mt with 3rd gear blown. Had my 05 STi 6mt that I traded off for a brand new MFactory front LSD and a good 2014 5mt gearset. Also managed to get an SW20 shifter assy in trade for the 2011 rear case assy, so I'd say I did well. When/if the 2014 gearset carps the bed, I plan on a full PPG helical dog setup. Before you say I lost out, the new owner has paid all shipping costs, so I lost no physical money; he had/was willing to get what I needed, I had what he needed.

Next big purchase will be the v7 207 and see if I can't find a set of v8 Spec-C heads, then disassemble, clean up, blueprint and balance assy, add King XPG bearings, Tomei timing belt guide, Moroso oil pan and pickup, reuse Moroso twin-can AO separator, Killer B Holy Header (coated and EWG), have a billet wheel installed on my Deadbolt TD06-20G 7cm and both housings pnp'd and coated (vendor sourced here in Texas), route dump pipe alongside exhaust and out the rear passenger side (coated as well). Will be utilizing iWire services to redo the body and engine harnesses, will create ducting for the radiator and AWIC heat exchanger so that all air exits the large hood louvers in an effort to help front aero. Non-corrugated coolant pipes will be utilized. Also planning on front-mount fuel cell with Boyd fuel sending unit.

Shooting for 375whp/350ft-lbs. Should make things fun!
    Last edited by STimedic; 01-29-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a good plan, get cracking!
    Adam _____ Instagram @PopesProjects____ YouTube Channel
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017
    Registered 10/25/2019 BRAP818

Post Thanks / Like
    Solid plan indeed. I thought I've seen a few builders with aftermarket oil pans (probably killer B) that hang down below the bottom frame rail of the 818. Did you check how much lower the moroso pan will be than stock? Also, will this mainly be a track car and is that the reason you're interested in eventually going to a dog box? I've heard dog engagement on the street can be a bit rough.

Post Thanks / Like
    It'll be mixed, mainly DD with the track day thrown in here and there.

Hmmmm.....oil pan depth is something I haven't taken into consideration yet. I'll look into that.....