Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone done with template

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone done with template

I am looking for the template to drill the holes into the aluminum panels. I bought a kit from someone and I cant find that template piece of metal.

Thanks
    Brian

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by awd-turbo View Post
    I am looking for the template to drill the holes into the aluminum panels. I bought a kit from someone and I cant find that template piece of metal.

Thanks
    Brian
    I used a 1/2" wide by 36" long length of elastic material marked every inch with a sharpie. Secured one end with a cleco, stretched it out and clamped the other end. Then, punched the marks I wanted and they were all evenly spaced.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    The template is simply a strip of aluminum with holes with 2" spacing on one side, for the panel to panel rivets, and the other side is 3" spacing for the panel to chassis rivets. It's thin enough to use a pointed Sharpi, or magic marker, as we used to call them, thru the holes. I haven't measured the hole size, must be 1/8" or 3/16" at most.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've made one by using a Stainless Steel Ruler and drilled it with a 1/8" bit on my press.

It works perfectly, but the stainless was a tad tough so use a high quality bit if you make one using a stainless ruler.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-31-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will bet FFR will send you one for very little cost.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone is kind enough to send me one.. thanks guys