Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote Oil Pan

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Oil Pan

Does anyone have a picture of the stock coyote oil pan next to the moroso oil pan.

Has anyone thought about buying the moroso pick up tube only and chopping down and re-welding the factory pan?

Maybe I am being too cheap, but I love a good project, and take pride in being able to throw my time and skill at something rather than money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepward View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of the stock coyote oil pan next to the moroso oil pan.

Has anyone thought about buying the moroso pick up tube only and chopping down and re-welding the factory pan?

Maybe I am being too cheap, but I love a good project, and take pride in being able to throw my time and skill at something rather than money.
    Curious what that would do to your oil capacity and if the result would be sufficient?
    I figured the reason for the Moroso was not only for the clearance provided by the lower profile but also it does not reduce capacity. Actually increases it a bit.

With that being said I still have the stock one sitting in my garage. You are welcome to it if you need a spare to experiment on.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    I will likely take you up on that if I butcher the first one.

TO answer your question about capacity, there's no reason I could not build the wing style lower portion like moroso. I just don't know if the moroso is simply a steel pan, or if it has any of the trap door baffles in it to prevent oil from sloshing to one side during turning.

When is your body getting married to your chasis? seems like soon if I remember correctly. I'm looking forward to seeing it and making an excuse to come see it. WDE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepward View Post
    I will likely take you up on that if I butcher the first one.

TO answer your question about capacity, there's no reason I could not build the wing style lower portion like moroso. I just don't know if the moroso is simply a steel pan, or if it has any of the trap door baffles in it to prevent oil from sloshing to one side during turning.

When is your body getting married to your chasis? seems like soon if I remember correctly. I'm looking forward to seeing it and making an excuse to come see it. WDE!!
    There are baffles in there. Will look at my pictures and see if I have one.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can do sheet metal work, it's easy to modify the stock oil pan and the pick-up. Rather than duplicating theMoroso rear T design, I would do a full lenght, full depth pan with baffles to prevent front to rear oil slushing.It's a simpler way to get volume since there is not crossmember to clear.
    Something like this but without the T: https://www.cantonracingproducts.com...ACE-COBRA-PAN/