BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Avoid this incompetent company!!! IST

Post Thanks / Like

Avoid this incompetent company!!! IST

On May 1st, since my car was still not finished at the body shop, I decided to upgrade my '88 Ford 5-liter Speed/Density EFI to the much better Mass Air system. So I looked around on the old interweb and found "interactive Systems & Technologies" out of Jasper, Georgia. On their website, they purport themselves to be THE experts on Ford EFI - having "...converted more cars to Mass Air than anyone!"

So I called and talked to Steve at length about my needs and wants. He recommended that I go with new 30 lb. injectors, their 76mm mass air conversion kit, 75mm throttle body and EGR spacer, A9L EEC-IV, new O2 sensors, new idle air control, and new "improved" BAP sensor. For the tidy little sum of $1,777.75 Yeah. I know. But he seemed a really genuine kind of guy. He also told me they were just slammed with business and it might be a week or ten days before I had my parts. I told him no problem, that's about when I expected my car back from the body shop. Oh yeah, he said he would throw in the freight. They charged my AMEX card in full that day.

Ten days later, my car was sitting in my shop and I had ripped all the old EFI parts off the car. My gauges and the rest of my dash wiring was lying on the carpet, because it's a bit of a pain to replace the EEC-IV and I didn't want to put everything back until I had the new computer. So I started calling and emailing on the 10th. After I left a LOT of increasingly strident messages on their tech line answering machine, Steve finally called back on about the 18th. Seems they were even busier than he initially told me, but everything was coming together and should be shipped out the following week. I asked if they could at least expedite the new EEC-IV so that I could reassemble my interior. He told me they would. They didn't.

This story just continues on and on for weeks with excuses, stories, wrong parts, and outright lies from Steve - and that's when I could get in touch with him. It is NEVER their fault. Finally, in late May, the parts started coming in little by little, with the EEC-IV FINALLY arriving on June 2nd. Of course, like so many of the parts they had already sent - it was the wrong computer. So, darn, must be those pesky people in shipping. So sorry, we'll get the proper one shipped to you tomorrow morning. Nope. Turns out some "shelving had collapsed in their warehouse" and my correct computer was buried under the mess. Would take a couple days to get it out and ship it. The computer finally arrived later in the week. He asked me to send the old one back, but since they don't have a UPS or Fed-EX account, I would have to send it on my own nickel and be refunded! On top of that, they had charged me for shipping on the original stuff - which they promised to take care of when I ordered everything! When I tried to send the computer back business to business by UPS, it kept returning the address as residential. Starting to get the picture? I was - especially since I had never had any correspondence or conversations with ANYONE but Steve.

Finally, as of Friday of last week, I had everything but the new IAC. Oh darn, it was supposed to have been shipped with the throttle body and EGR spacer - but was being shipped from elsewhere. From where? Rhode Island, it turns out. Oh and it was going out Monday of this week so I would have it before this weekend. Well today was the last straw as Steve FINALLY returned one of my dozens of calls and emails to tell me that the IAC is being shipped to GEORGIA - not to me. So I would have it next week (I guess.) But, you guessed it, it's not Steve's fault. Had he known, he would have done something differently (didn't say exactly what though.)

That's it. I've had it. It's been 45 days since this debacle began. For the first time in 35 years of American Express card membership, I opened a dispute. We'll see how it plays out.
    Last edited by kraftee; 06-15-2017 at 06:18 PM.
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know when they use the Chinese New Year as a scheduling barrier. The Chinese New Year to my knowledge has been in place longer than the United States government, Modern Europe, and some Fertile Crescent countries, yet that is the excuse I have heard from several major manufacturers. Don't forget Europe takes vacation in August also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey...I am from RI. It's not my fault. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    My father taut me the lesson of "First Loss, Best Loss". In the future, when your supplier shows that they are not as they promised, cancel the order. Also do not do business with any company that does not have multiple good reviews, and possibly a BBB member.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup. I really should have known better and should have canceled the whole shebang two weeks in, when they had trouble returning my emails or phone calls - and had not sent ANYTHING. Just trying to keep anyone on the forum from making the same mistake with these guys (plus it makes me feel a little better to vent.)

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...-a-pro-1318926

"Interactive Systems & Technologies Took over $1,000 of my money and did not provide a product - won't return my money. Jasper Georgia"

*sigh*
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, fortunately, I paid with AMEX.

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just for funnies I wanted to go to their website and JAVA security blocked it as unreliable.