BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vancouver new build planning/questions

Post Thanks / Like

Vancouver new build planning/questions

Hello gentlemen, this is my first post on these forums.

My business partner and I think it would be a good ol time to buy a Mk4 kit and put er together. Been researching for 2 days now and have reached out to FFR for some help but I figured I would supplement with asking some questions on here as well.

So I've reviewed the website and particularly the sections about importing to Canada. I used to import racing tires from California commercially so i have some experience with the borders and how that sort of stuff goes. I think the customs broker is the way I would go for a kit.

I also have played with the order form and used the info and attachments available to decifer what is and is not included in the Canadian kit.

This brings me to my first question for all of you: Am I correct that the Canadian Mk4 kit assumes and basically demands that you have a donor car?

Thanks for your replies and i'm sure i will have more questions coming soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Canadian MkIV is the same as the "complete kit" except some of the parts have been removed to pass Transport Canada import laws that basically say you can not import an intiort car worth of parts from the same vendor. Those parts removed (some suspension, cooling system, fuel system and electrical part) are sold through a couple of 3rd party vendors. So, when you receive your MkIV Canadian Kit and the Canadian Completion Kit you wind up with a "complete kit".

if Trump allows you across the border, consider having the kit shipped to the border and pick it up there. You'll same a bunch of money and there is no hassle with CBSA if you have the proper documentation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a full parts list for the "complete kit" and the "Canadian completion kit"?

Thanks for your reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Made great strides forward today. Found all the parts lists, including the deleted items and the Transport Canada items that need to be ordered. I see that from these lists all that's left is the Engine and Transmission.

Getting more excited by the moment!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 458Italia View Post
    Made great strides forward today. Found all the parts lists, including the deleted items and the Transport Canada items that need to be ordered. I see that from these lists all that's left is the Engine and Transmission.

Getting more excited by the moment!
    That's great! You'll need a few more things than just the engine and tranny. You will require the drivetrain (Engine, transmission, clutch, bellhousing), rear end, rear brakes, and wheels and tires. Also, you'll need a few additional items such as a battery, fuel pump, etc. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Also, if you are looking for an engine and transmission combination, I can probably help with that.