BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Brake bias adjuster

Post Thanks / Like

Brake bias adjuster

Is anyone using a brake bias adjuster knob/cable when using the Willwood brake pedal box? Is it needed? Does the straight cable set up work or is a 90 deg adapter needed.

Thanks,

Robert.
    Last edited by Clyde's Keeper; 02-02-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not using the Wilwood setup but my understanding is that it has a bias bar, integrated into the pedal cluster which allows you to adjust the front to rear bias. So you don't need the other kind of bias adjuster that runs in-line to a brake line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I am and would suggested using it at least to get you dialed in once you have the car running. I used what came with the pedal-box from Wilwood, it works just fine. just route it so you gentle bends it works nice and smooth. No I am not using the in-line valve.
    Last edited by Mitch Wright; 02-02-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mitch, that is one hell of an auto-correct! hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL woops

Post Thanks / Like
    Wilwood has tech tips on the bias bar.

http://www.wilwood.com/TechTip/TechPedalTip.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I added it to my roadster. I think it should work out nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Jeff Miller. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017, 3000 mile inspection on 1/14/19.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a nice setup. Are those stereo inputs above the bias adjuster?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have starting on the left top, a set for gps speedo, a set for the clock, Gauge light adjuster, uninsteer electric steering adjuster and then power access. I was told NASCAR uses a bias adjuster for their big smoking burn outs after a win. I have blue tooth speakers that pair as twins with my iPhone.
    Last edited by RR20AC; 02-03-2017 at 02:33 PM.
    20th Anniversary MK4 Roadster, #8752, 18 of 20, Delivered 12/03/15, 1st Start 01/28/2017, off to paint 4/13/2017, Forte 351w/ Holley EFI, Forte throttle linkage, TKO 600/Forte Hyd. Clutch, UniSteer Electra Steering, RT's turn Signals, many Breeze parts, Paint by the Jeff Miller. Finished on 10/08/2017. 500 mile inspection on 10/21/2017, 3000 mile inspection on 1/14/19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde's Keeper View Post
    Is anyone using a brake bias adjuster knob/cable when using the Willwood brake pedal box? Is it needed? Does the straight cable set up work or is a 90 deg adapter needed. Thanks,Robert.
    Robert
    I put a bias knob on my 33, their pedal assy is the wildwood too. I also put it on for the ease of a one time dial in when the car is done or if I get different tires etc.
    I found that it was an easier install and clears everything better on the 33 to attach it to the drivers side of the bias bar instead of the passenger side.
    There is plenty of cable and room to leave a big loop and bring it to the center of the car for mounting if desired. Keep it out of sight, the are often illegal on the street.
    On the 33 if you put it on the pass side as shown it rubs on the pedal assy mounting bracket, since that part is welded to the frame it's not an easy fix to change it.
    HTH
    Dale 7liter hemi33

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all of the input. I think it makes sense to add it now. Only about $80.00 for the kit. I have one on my roadster and it is nice to be able to make adjustments on the fly. And yes it helps with burnouts although I'm a little concerned with durability on the 818 drive line and on the roadster it needs no help breaking the rear tires loose.

Thanks, Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Robert
    I forgot to mention I don't have a clutch pedal so I'm not sure if that conflicts with the bias cable being on the DS of the pedal assy.
    DB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde's Keeper View Post
    Thanks for all of the input. I think it makes sense to add it now. Only about $80.00 for the kit. I have one on my roadster and it is nice to be able to make adjustments on the fly. And yes it helps with burnouts although I'm a little concerned with durability on the 818 drive line and on the roadster it needs no help breaking the rear tires loose.

Thanks, Robert

$80.00 for the kit? What am I missing? http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Wilwoo...FUSSfgodAWoE1A