FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FF ROCKET build #8890

Post Thanks / Like

More updates.

So I have gotten behind on my updates. so I am trying to catch to the present. Last week the wife and a friend of drove out from Tucson to catch the HB cruise in. We had an awesome time looking at beautiful cars and just a great time relating at the beach. When we rolled in to the shore break hotel they valet the Jeep and we went to check. Came down to the garage and they had put the Jeep in the reserve parking for the Factory Five guest. while getting our bag we ran into a few guys with there cars for the show. I was hoping to run into Ken Pike (AKA Streetrod painter) so we could talk about the progress on my body. and low and behold it was Ken his girlfriend and a few others from northern Cali. They had four beautiful cars that were painted by Ken and his team. One car had been in an accident just two weeks prior. and you could not tell looked beautiful. Ken brought down a freshly painted MK3 in a gorgeous 2007 Toyota Tacoma Blue. We stood around talking about cars and what not for an hour. Once again after seeing his work I cant wait till he is done panting the Rocket. Weekend was great except it made me want to get home and work on the car. We will definitely be out at Huntington Beach next year.

As you can see the panels came back from the powder coater and are starting on. Here is the firewall with the heater plenum attached.

Last edited by Planecrazy1976; 05-08-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Everybody says dont put in a stereo!

They say you cant hear it. Soo what is going in yep a stereo. If you put enough power and have right equipment you can hear it, Well I hope. So I am putting in an 8 inch tablet for navigation and such, So it will be super easy to use the tablet to bluetooth music to the JL audio amplifier controller. The controller will be talking to a JL audio 500 watt marine amplifier bridged together to give 250 watts to each JL audio tube speakers. These speakers are built to go on wake board boat racks, so you can have tunes on the lake. These things are super load. I did a ghetto rig job just to hear them and when I turned it up the wife came out of the house yelling at me to turn it down. It was like high-school all over again. Ok I have to give it to her it was like 9 pm. So first indications are good. But time will tell.

The Speakers are in the trunk, so I needed to cut a hole in the rear bulkhead so the sound can get trough. I found some perforated metal at the local metal supply. This will be covered in carpet so you will not see the hole or screen.

Last edited by Planecrazy1976; 05-08-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any progress in the past year? Retirement is coming along.....

Post Thanks / Like

Update on our progress

Hey Sailor,

I"m sorry for not keeping this thread updated. When photobucket pulled their crap it made keeping up this thread nearly impossible to keep up. We finished the car in Oct of 17. It took us 10 months to complete. And since that date we have put about 8000 miles on the Rocket and won multiple car show. Our biggest one was taking runner-up Best Cobra at Huntington Beach this year. I have also started a business for building car and repairing cars for people. We are also selling a few of the mods that we put on our car. Here are a few pics. If you want to see more let me know. So I still can't load pictures on here any more!!!! So please check out my Website. 520Speedworks.com, Facebook 520Speedworks, or Planecrazy1976. As for retirement I still have a couple of years left.

Thanks for checking in.

Greg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12