BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pedal box mount

Post Thanks / Like

Pedal box mount

I'm installing the Willwood pedal box mount. Instructions says to use "1/4×20 x 0.75 flanges button head screws". The oem mount comes with a bag of 5/16 - 18 bolts and nuts. The holes in the frame and mount are 5/16. The Willwood mount has seven holes and the oem box mount hardware has only five. I'm inclined to use the 5/16 hardware in the 5 thicker holes and a couple of 1/4 -20 from the supplied hardware in the two outer holes that are not as thick/deep. What to do? What to do?

Advice?

Thanks,

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    If the frame does not have the matching mounting holes to attach the mounting bracket, and the two missing holes will result in a less stiff solution, you should contact F5 for their input. There have been posts that identify the pedal mech is not stiff enough and has bent while in use. On the other hand, you may have a newer version and the instructions have not been updated yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    After sleeping on it, I realized I must remember the "joys" of building my roadster. The assembly manual is really just a rough guide at best, adjustments and executive decisions must be made using common sense and good judgement. I just need to get back in the swing of assembling a Factory Five component vehicle.
    I decided to fill all of the holes with the bigger bolts. seemed like the right thing to do. That was the easy part compared to the hour or more spent just getting the front aluminum panel to fit. Got all of the front panels on, suspension is next. Onward and upward. It will be a car soon.

Robert.