Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 10 years ago today...

Post Thanks / Like

10 years ago today...

...This happened

Since completing it I've kept the build bug satisfied by doing cars for others but this anniversary makes me realize that I'm really getting the itch to build another for myself.

Cheers,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't even finished my first build and I have dreams of building another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff,

Lots of people post their build plans and solicit advice from those who have built multiple cars, but your post begs the question: If you WERE to build another roadster today, with all the options/vendors/etc, what would YOU build? It's great to hear how folks like you would do it, given a clean slate...

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff-

That's pretty cool! However, you left off one important part... The countless people you have helped with their builds in the last ten years!!

So, is the new coupe on the horizon? I know it would be next for me if I ever get the boss's approval.

Congrats on the milestone!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Jeff! 10 years for me too this past Memorial Day. Do I see a 289 build after you get the pole barn built? I don't know where you find the time and energy my friend! Good on you!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    10 years, what a milestone. congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, With all the help you have provided to me, and countless others on the forums over these years you definitely deserve it. Will be eagerly watching to see what it is you choose to build.
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to the Ultimate Build Log! A step-by-step, with commentary, would benefit generations of builders.
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Ordered MK IV Coyote Complete Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the 10 year anniversary. My only request is that you get mine painted before you start your next "personal" build!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Jeff
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    289 ....and that's all I have to say about that.....10 years, that's all, really? I guess a burr under the saddle blanket can make time seem longer. Congrats brother !!...da Bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    Congratulations on the 10 year anniversary. My only request is that you get mine painted before you start your next "personal" build!
    I was thinking the same thing but AI_C beat me to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congrats on the milestone Jeff, and any more. You've been such a help to so many, Thanks.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Jeff!

Great car, think of all the great people we have met with these silly little cars.

Best times ever sitting under the tent in London telling lies!😄👍
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the good wishes guys! Nuthin' going to happen any time soon. My poor old car is due for some loving first...I've had some big brakes and suspension parts gathering dust/rust for a few years not to mention the still undone "adult" paint job that I was going to give it during the winter of 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by FFinisher View Post
    Congrats Jeff!

Great car, think of all the great people we have met with these silly little cars.

Best times ever sitting under the tent in London telling lies!����
    So true Ron! These cars brought us together but aren't what keeps our little group of "middle aged adolescents" together. Those friendships are some of the greatest treasures of my life

Oh, and one more thing...Miller, if I do a 289 it won't be because you said to

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Jeff. You certainly help many others along the way too!!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Jeff,

I've not posted here for a while and always figure it's best that I have my crew engaged more than me, but I saw your post and wanted to say something. Truth is that 10 years ago Factory Five was lucky to have been able to build you a car. The multiples that have since happened in the number of people you've helped and the positive stoke you've contributed have been wonderful to watch. Probably one moment for me that was really cool was a simple note you sent me.. There is a picture of me and my daughter Jenny, when she was little, at one of the first London Cobra events (Spring Fling). In that picture is you in the crowd there supporting Jenny and kids with CF as you have done for so long! I just wanted to say thanks for everything you've done. This community has guys like you to thank. I just got back from the Grand National Roadster Show and I was able to run that show all by myself with only the help of Scotty Bell (driver a.k.a. HoneyBadger)... and about 12 FFR customers! Every day I get up and I cannot wait to get to work. One big reason is that every time another FFR ships out, there is another story that is started and the building of cars, freindships, and so much more begins again!

Thanks for the kind words after we lost Tucker and thanks for everything you've done man! See you in Ohio.

Dave Smith
    Last edited by Dave Smith; 02-06-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, 10 years! That's quite the anniversary Jeff and a huge thank you for all the sharing of knowledge and your time. You are one of those in this community that makes it so great. Again thanks for all the help you provide.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kudos and congrats Jeff!

I'll add my name to the list that has "leveraged" your support and knowledge over the years.

One of the last Mark II's, FFR complete date 5/8/04, delivery date 5/23/04, donor-'93 Mustang GT. Yes, that is me in my Avatar. Paint done by Da Bat! It looks killer! Drive it like you stole it...

Post Thanks / Like
    thats it 10 years
    seams like you have been here forever.
    Cool man cant wait to see you and Dave again in OHIO
    at the Go cart Track
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Jeff! 10 years of helping make people's dreams into a reality for them! Congrats!

I always look forward to visiting with you at LCS.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***